Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport Ux2 Keeps Crashing

Hi guys, I'm having a problem that has only started recently. When ever I try recording after a few seconds my UX2 crashes.....It's reeeeealy frustrating!!
I've updated the drivers, I'm using POD farm 2.5 and Ableton live 8. 

It's 100% the ux2 ASIO drive that's crashing, please can someone help? 

Cheers guys
Tony

Hello, I've quite the same problem here (sorry for my bad English, I'm French : 

As I used my UX2 as my prime ext. card with XP 32 bits it has always worked fine (for music and also games etc).

Recently as XP died, I turned to Windows 7 64 bit. It works for a moment and then no sound any more, for no reason, it's very frustating. 

Couldn't we have a solid driver for W7 64 please ?!

Just to eliminate a few simple things, have you tried another USB cable?

Also try different USB ports.

I know you said you updated the drivers, but just for clarification if you run the Monkey you have green ticks?

btw, which OS?

I have the same problem here.

Win 8.

After some indeterminate amount of time no more sound will happen on my pc until I reboot. 

My browser windows lag horrible until I get a message that says shockwave flash has crashed (due to its inability to communicate with my UX2).

Line 6 Monkey at this time reports the ESN: Unknown and Firmware version: Unknown. 

When I restart my PC, there is a number for the ESN and the Firmware version is 1.02.

Any idea what's wrong? My UX2 has been a big issue for me in the last 4 or 5 years that I've had it. It would be a really great useful little thing if it didn't crash so much, but it was designed forever ago so I'm really not surprised.

Same problem here. The USB cable is good, have switched between a couple usb 3.0 ports (thinking for a while that was the reason it was completley fritzing out. so the ports are fine drivers are UTD. Running on windows 7 ultimate x64. Using Reaper as my DAW. Frustrating as fudge!

• 3 months later...

I have similar issues and sometimes my pc actually reboots on its own. The headphone output is really 'dirty' one day and works the next. I have Win7 x64, Sonar X1,2,3 (all have the same issues) All drivers are up to date with green checks in Line Monkey.

I have rolled back the UX 2 drivers to prior versions which did not make a difference. I have reinstall drivers (currently v4.2.7.1), the firmware (currently 1.01), and tried multiple USB cables and ports and still have the same unpredictable performance from the UX2.

I have also reinstalled Windows 7, and recently upgrade my DAW to the latest version to see is that was the issue. I also removed Google Chrome because it cause my pc to reboot on it's own recently.

...at a loss!

• 4 months later...

Jupp, the same here! everything is up to date!
Running i5 2,5GHz, 6GB RAM, WIn7 x64, using USB 3.0 for connection. Have tried to change ports - does not help. You don't even have to do anything with DAW - gaming for the same matter. It just randomly crashes and when you try to re-plug it, everything just freezes and all that's left to be done is hard restart.

I am seriously considering buying a different USB interface, because this is just ridiculous!

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here too.  I've changed the cable, all drivers are current based on Monkey.  Running Win7, 64 bit, 6GB.  Tried all 3 USB ports on my computer.  It just crashes spontaneously and I can't figure out why.  Also need to reboot PC in order for it to work again.  Happened twice today while listening to Songza, and then again on WMP.  It's happened on iTunes, and when I've recorded stuff.  No consistency in regards to when it crashes.  I've tried everything.  It seems to be the same problem that everyone else is having.  Line 6, are you listening??

Hello, I'm back just for useless news sorry for the ones who have still some issues. It eventually worked for no reason, with the PC I talked about, and recently I changed my computer for a brand new one, running W7 64 again. I had some issues with Cubase 7 (previously Cubase SX 3) but again for no reason it's eventually working fine since December. Sorry for having no clues to give, I can only tell you to pray very hard.