Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Usb Into Pod Hd For Audio Track

thadc

Hello, 

I would like to be able to have audio input to POD HD to play along to while I use the POD. I want to use USB from my laptop. Is there something to configure on the POD? If so, ideally I would like to be able to do it from the Edit app on my Mac, but not imperative. WIthout any config at all (i.e., I just have USB from laptop to POD), no audio signal is coming out of my headphones from the POD so obviously I need to either tweek something on my Mac, the POD, or both.

Thanks for any response!

I think your going to need to make the Pod speakers the default speakers, the simplest thing to do would be to run the music you want to play along with into the Mp3 jack on the pod if it has one or into a line input. You can also use the aux in jack on the Pod but that would take up one channel in your signal chains.

Edited by Brazzy

Hmm.., belatedly, I am seeing the POD HD only has only two inputs: guitar and a H.D./mic type input. Is there no way to use the USB for input? Am I going to have to buy a direct box and get a 1/8'' to 1/4'' (headphone-out of laptop to direct box), then from direct box to mic input on POD HD just to get audio-in signal from my laptop? If so, bummer...

Any reply is appreciated!

You can configure your Mac to use the Pod as its soundcard when connected via USB. I am not familiar enough with the Mac world to give you the detailed procedure, but it can be done. Afterwards, all sound produced by your computer (including audio playback of backing tracks) will be heard at your Pod HD outputs (headphones or 1/4"). You can control the playback level from your computer to balance the playback volume with your guitar volume.

Hmm.., belatedly, I am seeing the POD HD only has only two inputs: guitar and a H.D./mic type input. Is there no way to use the USB for input? Am I going to have to buy a direct box and get a 1/8'' to 1/4'' (headphone-out of laptop to direct box), then from direct box to mic input on POD HD just to get audio-in signal from my laptop? If so, bummer...

Any reply is appreciated!

This video might help with setting sound device defaults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-42SrCvvjQ

I do this all the time with my laptop.  I just had to get the music player programs to use the HD500x as the output device.  I use a program called Transcribe to play along with because I can tweak the tuning to match my guitar.  Sounds much better when my guitar is in tune with the track I am playing.  It's surprising how few tracks are actually tuned to standard pitch.

Mine does this by default whenever I hook it up to my computer with USB. I was surprised the first time I heard an email alert coming out of the speakers that were hooked up to my HD500X at the time.