Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need App To Adjust Presets?

robdot

Lots of people here and other reviewers are saying you need the app to adjust or save the presets. Is this true? That doesnt make any sense...I have a 3 piece classic rock band, ( i use a spider 4 now).  4 sounds is all i need,but i would surely want to be able to make any adjustments at a gig without dragging my expensive ipad around with me.

I dont own this amp yet, but the manual seems to show that the amp can be run from the top controls without the app at all. Adjustments can be made to the presets,those changes saved.... and the presets can even be moved from one to the other just by switching using the preset selecter..so,,is that right?

You can adjust presets without running the app, but you're limited to the knobs on the top of the amp. If you have the FBV Shortboard, you can also turn effects on and off within a preset. You can also save the changes you make to that preset on the amp. What you can't do is select different amp, cab, or effect models.

It's also worth noting that you can of course install the app on an iPhone. Personally, I don't ever go anywhere without my phone, so it would be pretty easy for me to make changes at a gig if I needed to.

so, once i have a preset, any preset, amp. cabinet, whatever, if i want to make a slight change to it, like volume or drive or whatever, i can do that with the knobs on the top, then save it.

i dont have an iphone. and i dont wanna have to mess with an ipad on stage if all i want to do is turn up the volume on my clean channel a little.  I have the shortboard mk 2..

so, once i have a preset, any preset, amp. cabinet, whatever, if i want to make a slight change to it, like volume or drive or whatever, i can do that with the knobs on the top, then save it.

Yes, per the manual:

To Save A Favorite Preset:
  • Press and hold the Preset Select Button; Preset A's LED will flash.
  • Press the button repeatedly to cycle through the Preset slots.
  • When the desired Preset slot is selected, press and hold thePreset Select Button for 2 seconds.
  • Your Preset will be saved as a Favorite in the selected slot.