Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Best Way To Get Sound Out Of It

normanmolina

Hey All!

Just got a new POD HD500X and I'm really eager to use it as much as possible but I have a few questions before I do. Before the POD HD500X all I had was a few pedals in front of my Peavey 15 watt combo amp, for home use or small gig use it was fine as I would mic it and get a decent sound. Now, when I'm at home I'd like to plug it in but when I put it through my little practice amp it sounds horrible as the amp has presets that you can only modify not take off. So, my question is for home use, small gigs, and big live use, what would be the best way and most affordable way to get the sound out of the POD?

Thanks!

the studio monitor option is great for at home but not suitable for playing out or regular gigging...  You didn't really define what affordable is for you... If your wallet can afford it a pair of L2t's would be awesome.  At lower price points people have been happy with powered monitors.  These can be failrly easy to lug around and at bigger venues you can put your main tones through the house PA and use your powered monitors as a backline or personal monitor.  Of course you can also go the DT route and that works amazingly well too...

Pair of studio monitors (6-8") - around $300-500

Pair of 12" powered monitors - around $500

Single L2t - around $800

DT combo - around $1000

All these options can sound amazing and each has its own attributes.  You need to really define what you expect to be able to do with your rig and how much you can spend and go from there.  You don't really have to have stereo sound so a single quality speaker will work and you can always add a second later.  Buy the best you can afford and you will usually be happy with the result.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for breaking it down for me man!

I believe I will go with the powered monitors as this seems more viable in terms of finances and use.

one more question, what does DT mean?

Line6 makes a series of hybrid amps called the DT Series.  DT25, DT50 etc...