Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable To Update To 2.1

Hi all

I have installed the latest Monkey & Workbench HD. I am using a Mac with Mavericks. When I connect my JTV69 to the computer I get two green lights (yes that means that I have a connection and that a jack is plugged in). 

However Monkey won't see the guitar and Workbench says that I need version 2.0 before I can use Workbench HD. (I have used it before now so that's a puzzle). I think that I am on version 1.9.

Any help appreciated.

Gary

Have you been to the downloads page on the Line 6 site to check that

you have all the latest Monkey and drivers for your set-up?

I had to update to a new version of Monkey about a week ago. Also, be

sure you're not using a USB Hub device, go direct, it's rather particular

about that sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

If you are running OSX 10.9 Mavericks - there is a new Security Setting which must be made before many third party apps can function:

Check the security settings in OSX 10.9
1. In "System Preferences," click "Security & Privacy." 

2. Click the lock icon on the bottom left. When a dialog box requesting a password 
appears, enter the administrator's password to unlock. 

3. On the General tab, change the "Allow apps downloaded from" setting from  "Mac App Store and identified 
developers." to "Anywhere" 

4.  When you finish installing Line-6 Monkey and the new Workbench HD and new JTV Firmware, change the OSX Security setting back to "  "Mac App Store and identified developers." 

Have you been to the downloads page on the Line 6 site to check that

you have all the latest Monkey and drivers for your set-up?

I had to update to a new version of Monkey about a week ago. Also, be

sure you're not using a USB Hub device, go direct, it's rather particular

about that sort of thing.

Yes all up to date thanks. In fact uninstalled & reinstalled older versions just in case. All to no avail.

If you are running OSX 10.9 Mavericks - there is a new Security Setting which must be made before many third party apps can function:

Check the security settings in OSX 10.9
1. In "System Preferences," click "Security & Privacy." 

2. Click the lock icon on the bottom left. When a dialog box requesting a password 
appears, enter the administrator's password to unlock. 

3. On the General tab, change the "Allow apps downloaded from" setting from  "Mac App Store and identified 
developers." to "Anywhere" 

4.  When you finish installing Line-6 Monkey and the new Workbench HD and new JTV Firmware, change the OSX Security setting back to "  "Mac App Store and identified developers." 

Ok thanks I'll try it but all the Line 6 programs have installed ok and have been used before to update ok.

You ever play craps? That's what the update process has always been like for me. Nothing to do but keep on blowing on your dice until it works.

Failing that, face east wearing nothing but boxer shorts, and while juggling three live squirrels, recite the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V...stranger things have helped.

Hilarious and oh so true! Same for me too.