Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv Factory Models Available In Hd500?

I haven't seen that anyone else has noticed this but in the HD500 edit program, You can choose from the models you have (or have not) changed or you can go to an area where all the models have the letter F before them. Those are the original models.  In other words, in an HD500 patch, let's say you've changed the Spank 4 position to something you like but there was one patch where the original Spank 4 model sounded awesome. You now can program that into your HD500 patch. AND still keep the changed Spank 4 model on your JTV. I LIKE it!  In playing with it, if you change the JTV models from the JTV itself it shows up as a factory model in the HD500.  I'm curious if when changing guitar models on the JTV when using a 1/4" cable if the same is true.  Do you get the factory models or your custom models.  I see no way to swap between the two without the HD500.  Including in the Workbench program.

Well they're gone.  I did mess with the HD500 screen and noticed it only had U in front of all the JTV models. I changed a few from the HD500 itself and then went back to the HD500 edit program and they weren't there anymore.  I have tried numerous things to get them back but to no avail.  I will keep trying.  When the "F" models were there, the user models had no letter in front of them. Now they all have the letter U with no F models at all.

I remember getting myself confused about this. Seemed that sometimes HD500 Edit showed the F- models available for selection, and sometimes not.

iirc, it boiled down to which type of Variax (older model vs. JTV) was selected in the editor. Although the JTV is connected via VDI, the editor seems to ignore that and presents you with the option to select an older Variax model for any given preset. It may even default to an older model. And for older models, the F- options are visible and available for selection. But if you switch your Variax Model selection to JTV the F- models disappear.

So, in my case, on the occasions when I saw F-models available when my JTV was connected I had not recognized that an older model Variax was mistakenly selected as the Variax Model parameter.

it wasn't a mistake...

the architecture of the newer models required the space, and honestly many users never even realized that the feature existed.

the HD model could not exist with that in place.

Yup, removing this feature is a fairly recent Line6 "F-" "U-".  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1