Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My X3live Turns Off

xhid3

Hi my x3 live turns off after about 15 minutes using it.

The screen fades out slowly until all data cant be seen, and stays like that, only with the orange backlight on.

When this issue happens, i turn the unit off  and i turn it on again, it starts working ok but only for about 5 minutes this time ....

If I turn it off and on again for a third time in a row, the x3 live only works for about 1 minute and so on.

The power supply is brand new.

Any clue ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

yes of course it is the official line6 px2.

I took it to tech support, the internal power unit seems to be damaged and a replacement would go up to $100.

I think im not buying any line6 product from now on.

electronics fail... the x3 was released nearly a decade ago.

you may not have had it that long, and your may even be one of the later ones manufactured...

but electronics do fail over time and all manufacturers have a pretty standard warranty for this reason.

unfortunate that this happened... but it's hardly a line6 specific issue.

the external PX2 unit alone goes for around 30$, an internal repair for only 100$ sounds like a good deal.

if it's not worth 100$ for you to fix your processor (that sold for like 600$ new)

then put the money towards another product and keep rocking... best of luck with your choice.