Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi Out On Hd500

ajktsb

Does anyone know if I can assign a specific CC value to a button that is sent out when pressed IN ADDITION to using it to call up a preset at the same time?

Currently I use a Behringer FCB1010 to start and stop scenes in Ableton Live but want to do it from the HD500 without losing the ability to use the buttons for changing presets.

Yes, you can do that very easily. In HD500 Edit, under the controller tab, you can assign MIDI messages to switches FS 1-8 however you want in the preset. The footswitch will still toggle whatever effect(s) is assigned to it.

Thanks Phil. Does that work even in the mode where the bottom 4 call up presets and the top 4 are assigned to FX. In theory I would like to associate an Ableton Scene with a patch called up from the bottom row. I will experiment this morning. I'm fortunate enough to work at a church as a worship leader, which means playing with my toys is part of my job!