Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spyder Hd150 And Fbv

Ok just got HD15o, with the 4X12, and a FBV shortboard.

I am coming from using my Behringer amp, using a Digitech GNX4 as my stomp box.

I would like to switch mostly over to using the sounds on the HD150 but have some question.

only really sat down and played with it for about a hour so far.

This is what I normal use.

I have patches in the GNX4 setup as I am the only guitarist in my band so I switch from clean to heavy all the time in songs, some time switch to 3/4 effects in 1 song depending on what we are playing.  I also can turn things like Distortion, delay etc off with out changing effects.

The GNX has 2 channels per effect so I could set up yellow and clean and then set up the red channel as Heavy.

What I am seeing with the FBV it is one effect and that is it.  You can add stomp "Not sure what that really does it is mostly gain" then modulation, delay, and reverb. 

There is no real way from going from clean to heavy with out switching the setting which would mean setting up 2 FX the same just one clean and one heavy?

I am guessing the 2 patchs per song clean/heavy is what I am going to have to do but Just wanted to see.  Is there a way to change the amp model with out touching the amp on the pedal?

Also when I am using the amp I can get to the artist, preset, and User setting.  It seems I can't get to the artist settings on the pedal?

Again just learning.

You have to give people a chance to respond, not too many people are looking at these forums on the weekends!

You cannot access teh song or artist presets directly from teh FBV controller, you have to save the presets to the user preset locations.  Sounds like you have figured out the best way to use the FBV and amp - using the user patches for different settings of the FX and amps, so that when you turn on/off a particular FX with the appropriate switch, it is where you want it.  It'll take some work to figure out the best way to do all the changes you do in a live performance.

Of course you can continue to use your stompbox for certain FX, too.    I often was using a distortion/boost stompbox with my Spider, rather than switching between two user patches as I might have been using the other patches in the bank for something else already.

Sorry.  Geek to really use this things.

So for the artist/song Is there a way to pull it though the editing software and then save it as a user settings?  

I plan on still using my GNX for sounds the line6 doesn't have.  Just 2 large pedals will take some time to get use to.  Might need to build a double tier rack for them ;)

So far I will say it sounds great.  haven't had it past 25% volume so far but just been playing it at the house, and band practice.  First show is this Friday with it.

Note that your tone (especially EQ and distortion) can change based on overall volume that the amp is set at.

I'm not sure about using Spider Edit to access the artist tones and then load them into the User locations, but I assume you can do this by calling up the artist patch on the amp first, adjusting the sound with Spider Edit, then saving it to a user location.

^ that was what I was thinking get to the artist tone on edit, and then save it as a user. 

Yeah I know the tone etc with change as it get louder.  I am at about 25% of the way up on Master Volume at practice this week.  Out side shows I would guess 50%/75% master volume, and the bars/clubs 50% max.

I will find out more this week since we have shows but for the most part what I have heard with the inside FX, and my pedal board it sounds great.

So here is what I had to do.

Open the Artist I wanted to use.  and save it to a user preset on the amp.  Then open Line6 edit and I can place it where I want.

Only thing I notice is I can't save any where put spot 1 on each preset, and you can/will save over something you want need if you do that.

You should be able to save to any of the 4 patches in each of the 16 user locations, but I've never used Spider Edit for this, only for downloading patches- which lets you put them in any location.  Maybe you need to save it to your computer first (I know you can save all User Patches to your computer via Spider Edit).