Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sound Cutting In & Out

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with my JTV59 rear its head.

Last night whilst rehearsing I was using the guitar through the modelling processor (piezzo) and an alt tuning, and the sound volume and quality kept changing. Almost like a bad lead connection making and breaking?

All my leads were OK as the problem went away when returning to normal guitar use. The guitar is only 9 months old, but if there's a quick fix without the need to return to the shop?

Cheers

I've found that when I break a string many times the ball end will fall back into the electronics.  If I don't retrieve it right away it will short out the instrument at the most inopportune moments.  Of course, retrieving it involves removing all those screws and sometimes much of the electronics if it goes deep enough.  I've even found them inside the insert jack electronics and underneath the component boards.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply, I don't think it can be this. I have a 59, and any strings I have bust have seemed to be intact. I was wondering if it was an issue with the processor struggling to convert the tuning?

OK, have got the guitar home and uploaded the new flash (2.10) and was having a little play around and I think I now know what may be happening. The processor seems to be randomly scrolling through models (and possibly tunings). You could see this through Workbench HD one minute it would be on one then without touching a thing bam, another. And as I was on my custom sets, it sounded very strange jumping from Sitar to 12 string and then Les Paul randomly. This may also explain the volume changes from model to model.

Anyone else had this or know how to remedy?

OK, have got the guitar home and uploaded the new flash (2.10) and was having a little play around and I think I now know what may be happening. The processor seems to be randomly scrolling through models (and possibly tunings). You could see this through Workbench HD one minute it would be on one then without touching a thing bam, another. And as I was on my custom sets, it sounded very strange jumping from Sitar to 12 string and then Les Paul randomly. This may also explain the volume changes from model to model.

Anyone else had this or know how to remedy?

They are exactly the problems of the original pick up switch issue - which is why they upgraded the switch and swapped the switch on all the early models.   Sounds like you just need to switch replaced with the new version - perhaps your guitar was old original stock - contact Line 6 support and they will sort it for you - especially as its within its first year warranty  - they can tell from the serial number and the switch itself if it was an original.