Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I Batch-edit Presets With Pod Hd500x Edit

pascal1703

I would like to add a cabinet model to all my presets of one of my setlists. Is there any other way than doing it one by one?

I have a setlist with all the presets I use for live performing. These presets have don't have a Cab model selected, as I send the POD output through the power amp section of my half stack.

On the other hand, for home (pc) recording, I want to use the same setlist, but with a cab model (can be the same model for all presets). I can duplicate the setlist by saving it on my pc and opening it in the Edit program, but in the duplicated set, I want to enable a cab model. I have tried to select mutiple presets (CTRL + click) and change the cab, but that updates only the active one. 

Would there be any means at all? Or is possible to export the setlist to a csv (comma separated) file, and have it in excel for batch editing, then re-import it in the Edit program?

thanks!

the POD HD Tone Conversion utility program has some batch editing capabilities.  Give it a whirl.  Make a new folder for all the tones you want to convert and copy them into the new folder.  That way if something doesn't go well you will still have all your original tones unaffected in their original folder.

http://line6.com/support/topic/2164-pod-hd-tone-conversion-utility/

• Upvote 4

the POD HD Tone Conversion utility program has some batch editing capabilities.  Give it a whirl.  Make a new folder for all the tones you want to convert and copy them into the new folder.  That way if something doesn't go well you will still have all your original tones unaffected in their original folder.

http://line6.com/support/topic/2164-pod-hd-tone-conversion-utility/

That's awesome! Thanks, Gear Head, for sharing this! :) 

I just gave it a try. I converted my live setlist (=with pre-amp and without cab) to a studio setlist (=changed pre-amp to amp and added a cab), and I imported this setlist in HD500X Edit. The only odd thing was that the presets now did have a cab model displayed (there was an image), but the field "cab model" was empty.

Then I did a test the other way around: convert a studio setlist to a live setlist (=change cab to no cab and change amp to preamp) and this worked exactly as expected! So, I'll use this as my standard procedure: create/update my studio setlist and then convert it to my live setlist. This is also the most appropriate way: for studio/home recording I can use different cabs and/or cab parameters. And then just convert the whole setlist to no cab for the live setlist.

Thanks a lot, you saved me from a lot of frustration :-)

• Upvote 1

That's awesome! Thanks, Gear Head, for sharing this! :)

I just gave it a try. I converted my live setlist (=with pre-amp and without cab) to a studio setlist (=changed pre-amp to amp and added a cab), and I imported this setlist in HD500X Edit. The only odd thing was that the presets now did have a cab model displayed (there was an image), but the field "cab model" was empty.

Then I did a test the other way around: convert a studio setlist to a live setlist (=change cab to no cab and change amp to preamp) and this worked exactly as expected! So, I'll use this as my standard procedure: create/update my studio setlist and then convert it to my live setlist. This is also the most appropriate way: for studio/home recording I can use different cabs and/or cab parameters. And then just convert the whole setlist to no cab for the live setlist.

Thanks a lot, you saved me from a lot of frustration :-)

Glad it worked!