Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv Modeling Not Working

I do have a ticket open FWIW.

Was rehearsing with the variax, I hit a G chord and it just went dead - it did switch to the mags though. So thinking maybe the battery is dead, I charged it overnight. Next day, nothing. Grab my VDI cable and go into my hd 500, nothing. Connect it to the dongle and go to monkey. It's recognized. Cool, I'll try to reflash it. Get all the way through and at the end - it stops recognizing it.

The service center in IL says they've never worked on one, but to bring it in. It's about an hour away and the guy only works three to four days per week. Ugh.

So - the guy at the service center expects it's the motherboard. He estimated $2-$300 to fix it, but again, he's never worked on one.  Anyone have one die out on them like this? What did it cost to repair it. I have to give my divorce attorney $10K next week, and really need this thing to gig withd. to say I'm completely tapped out is an understatement. The fact it's been handled with kid gloves, haven't even used it on a gig yet, and with what our setlist now consists of- I'm going to need it.

Any home remidy ideas that maybe I'm missing? The thing does not light up at all except for the lights on the battery charge.

Thanks. It's two years old, I had it about 6 months, then stored it at my parents house for about the first year of my divorce. I just recently picked it up from there, it's basically new, but essentially out of warranty.

I've got my fingers crossed for a simple solution that's for sure.

Hmmm .... not the exact issue I've had with my (two year old) JTV-59 but sounds eerily similar.  Question:  When you put in a fresh battery, do you get any green lights at all on the indicator on back of guitar or is it simply not recognizing battery power?  That's what I'm dealing with ('though it didn't go dead in mid-stream).  Others have suggested a "short" or such in the battery compartment.  My guitar goes in for a look see this week in Long Beach, CA ... I won't be with it, but the service center says "If it's in the battery compartment, should be able to repair it while you wait."  Let you know what happens by week's end ....

Mine will show green lights on the battery compartment  with it charged. Please do let me know. I'm debating if I send it into Line 6 at $90/hour or take it to this guy.  It makes me nervous that he's never worked on one.

Okay ... so mine is not the simplest of solutions as of yet.  My wife took guitar into service center on my behalf and technician has ruled out the basic "fix it while you wait" issues associated with battery compartment.  Guitar has been left with technician and we await some insights into what may be at issue.  I will keep you posted on my experience.

Okay ... so mine is not the simplest of solutions as of yet.  My wife took guitar into service center on my behalf and technician has ruled out the basic "fix it while you wait" issues associated with battery compartment.  Guitar has been left with technician and we await some insights into what may be at issue.  I will keep you posted on my experience.

Any news on your guitar? Took mine in still waiting for the tech to call me back. Been there a week, sounds like I won't get mine back for several weeks.

My guitar remains with service center fellow.  Had received email from him a week ago indicating he had reached out to Line 6 factory via email to get their insights into the issue at hand (he still believes it is "something within the battery compartment") but to date, have not heard back.  Just emailed him this morning to inquire as to whether he has had even a "preliminary response" from factory.  I'll let you know what I hear ....