Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Duoverb Question

Hi All

I recently procured a used (like new!) condition Duoverb amp head.

My question - Is it normal to have drops in volume when switching between the different amp models?

(Like when switching from one of the big Marshall amps down to a Fender tweed) I'm familiar enough with Line 6 amps to think the answer is yes, but would like to get some responses from the other users out there.

Thanks!

-Mike

i will assume yes. because if i change patches on my pod, and not having saved that patch with the volume lowered, i get a scary loud volume increase most times. that's the way line6 has the volume stored on presets. why. i don't know. you would think they would have them set at a lower volume. by the way good choice of equipment,  :)

Thanks for the responses.

This amp sounds spectaular, by the way. Doesn't have all the high-tech whiz effects which can cause headaches . . Just great sounding reverb.

-Mike

yeah man. i remember testing one at gc. didn't have the cash then, if i did it was coming with me!

Hi - I've also recently found a Duoverb Head and a 4x12. Like new got a unbelievably good deal on it.

The volume thing appears to be perfectly normal.

Loving the sound of the amp - it's fantastic for live work. I wanted a half stack setup, which would cope with venues from small pubs up to larger clubs.

It didn't howver come with the Amp 1 / Amp 2 switch - which i'd really like to find.

you can use the current FBV MKII (or its earlier non MKII version) which would do alot more.

I think it did come with the amp 1/2 switch, but you'd likely have a hard time finding the original...

however, i believe that it was just a standard latching footswitch, so you should be able to use many alternatives.

Thanks guys - i'll have a look around on ebay etc and see what i can find - might even try a standard 2 button switch.

I have the FBV Express which does 99% of the features the amp has just not the Amp 1 / Amp 2 bit - which i love using for a boost on lead tones.