Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Hd 150 Head Spider Iv

I have owned the 150 IV spider head using a Marshall JCM 900 lead-1936 sealed 2-12 cabinet for years now and love it....the problem I have with it is I have no room for ajustmant when it comes to the master gain... I am moving to a apartment in a few weeks in Dallas and anticipate a problem with practicing there because of the imbalance with the programmed channels and the manual settings jiving to the same loudness... It is just to powerful as is!! I tried to tried to trade it in on a new combo 75 watt but they would only give me $100 for a trade in.. reduckuless in my book with hardly any time on the head and in mint condition... the setup is to perfect for my lickings so I just walked out in discuss.. "Guitar" City where I have bought all guitars and equipment over a lifetime of purchase weather I lost loads of money or not..NO MORE!! for sure!! 

Can I take the head to a dealer and have the master control rewired for more ranging the the 75 watt setting or am I just dreaming... need some help from you line 6 guys on this one... love the head and the Marshall sealed cabinet combo is great!! just need to feed it less power??????

You should be able to adjust the master volume for lower overall volume, however the speaker cabinet itself is the culprit in this case - without the volume, the speakers do not sound the same. 

I'm afraid that in an apartment situation, the 75 watt will be too loud as well - they get loud but are more controllable as the speaker is a flat-response type.

You could buy a 'power soak' unit that reduces the output voltage/volume but these ar emade for use with tube amps that need to be driven at full volume for best sound - your Marshall cabinet will not sound the same at low volumes we already know that.

The 150hd sells for $400 new, typical used price would be around $250, so GC is not giving you much of a trade-in deal at all.  You could try selling it though your local craigslist or ebay.  Or just keep it for use when gigging.

Log into the system on your PC and back the pedal volume max down to 25% or so.  I have no issues keeping my low when my kids are sleeping.  but you will need to adjust your settings when soft since they will not sound the same.

• 2 weeks later...

yes,there is a setup procedure to re format the vol on the pedal.Dont know where on the site the info is but I have lowered amp vol via the pedal on the 150 that I use.

I also have the 75 too and yes,its also to loud for a player in your situation.I have never had my 75 above half on the master volume in a gig situation.

I would save any presets you use to the 16 user banks and save each preset at 12 oclock on channel volume and then alter the global master volume and if its still too much,back them off again and save them at 9 oclock on channel volume.