Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal Doesn't Work.

chiolas

Hello,

Just bought my HD500x a couple of hours ago. I don't know what I did, but the expression pedal doesn't work anymore.

Can I reset the to factory settings or something ???

the expression pedal doesn't automatically work on every preset... its possible you simply changed to a preset that is not setup to use the pedal....

or perhaps you've updated the pod and need to calibrate it?

• Upvote 1

If you have downloaded the HD500 Edit. Checked the controller min value. It sets that funny depending on what the value of hte effect at the time of assigment. That has caught me a dozen times. Not sure that's you issue but worth checking.

That's right, I just did the calibration, and I can't get to the 0 value. It's 255 toe position and the least I can get is 30 at heel position...

I had problems setting the calibration on my HD500 expression pedal - never seemed to want to register the max 255 or the min 0.  But I discovered that if I gently pushed it to toe and gently returned it to heel that it would recognise and reflect the max 255 and min 0 values during the calibration process - but if I pushed hard on either extreme then I could never get it to reflect 255 and 0.    Hope that helps!

I had the same problem as edstar1960. When calibrating the pedal the toe position would always go to 255, but the heel position would only go as low as 45. After a few tries of this I tightened the pedal resistance and cleaned the area around the pedal (including the hole underneath) of any possible dust (I remember reading somewhere that the pedal is optical). And not pushing hard on either extreme as edstar1960 said is also a very good tip. It now works perfectly from 0 to 255.

• 4 years later...