Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 Thoughts And Questions

steenm01

Hi,

So I've just bought an Amplifi 75 and thought I'd share my initial thoughts/questions with everyone to see what everyone else thinks.

First off, I bought it purely for home use.

I have to say so far, I'm pretty impressed. I had a Yamaha THR5, which although it produced some nice tones I always felt it lacked real depth and bass, in particular when playing music through the aux input.

The Amplifi is a different beast altogether. Really nice rich deep sound with plenty of bass and volume (for home use at least!) 

I really like the IOS app, I also like the tone matching feature. Ok its not perfect, but from the stuff I've tried so far its pretty good. Its interesting because I've seen quite a few people on here complaining that the tones/effects aren't that good. I just cant see it. For what your paying, it seems fine to me.

There are some things I think they could improve, but I suspect they are more relevant if your using the 150 and want to gig with it.

In particular only being able to save 4 presets back to the Amplifi seems pretty limiting. Not an issue if your always at home with internet connection, but I cant imagine it would be great for gigging.

I'd also like to be able to create sounds from scratch rather than just having to edit existing ones.

I'd also like to be able to play tracks from other places than my iTunes library (eg dropbox) within the app.

Lastly, Id also like to know if its possible to use a pedal board to turn effects on/off. EG I'd like to be able to switch the phaser on during a song. I believe its possible using the FBV Shortboard, but has any one tried this??

Hi

Most of the things you mention have been covered on here or Line6' IdeaScale (where you can log ideas for enhancements etc)

http://line6.com/support/topic/5787-functionality-with-fbv-shortboard-mk-ii/

Tones from scratch: 

http://line6.ideasca...td/612152-23508 

Good luck with it, it's cool product. :-)

Hi,

So I've just bought an Amplifi 75 and thought I'd share my initial thoughts/questions with everyone to see what everyone else thinks.

First off, I bought it purely for home use.

I have to say so far, I'm pretty impressed. I had a Yamaha THR5, which although it produced some nice tones I always felt it lacked real depth and bass, in particular when playing music through the aux input.

The Amplifi is a different beast altogether. Really nice rich deep sound with plenty of bass and volume (for home use at least!)

I really like the IOS app, I also like the tone matching feature. Ok its not perfect, but from the stuff I've tried so far its pretty good. Its interesting because I've seen quite a few people on here complaining that the tones/effects aren't that good. I just cant see it. For what your paying, it seems fine to me.

There are some things I think they could improve, but I suspect they are more relevant if your using the 150 and want to gig with it.

In particular only being able to save 4 presets back to the Amplifi seems pretty limiting. Not an issue if your always at home with internet connection, but I cant imagine it would be great for gigging.

I'd also like to be able to create sounds from scratch rather than just having to edit existing ones.

I'd also like to be able to play tracks from other places than my iTunes library (eg dropbox) within the app.

Lastly, Id also like to know if its possible to use a pedal board to turn effects on/off. EG I'd like to be able to switch the phaser on during a song. I believe its possible using the FBV Shortboard, but has any one tried this??

Congrats on your new amp! It's not for everyone, but for general use I believe it's the best bang for the buck. Feature rich and fun it has a unique presence, though I do understand desire to use music other than I tunes music. Hopefully you'll get the most out if this box of joy. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...