Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Clock Sync Via Midi

tdk8709

I have a Line 6 M9 and an Eventide Timefactor, and had planned to sync the time based effects via MIDI from the Eventide. Everything is connected correctly, and I know the problem is not with the Eventide because

a ) I get the correct MIDI signal when I test it plugged into my computer.

b ) When I tap a tempo from my Aux switch to the Timefactor, it translates to the M9.

But when I switch presets (song presets with specific BPM), I can go into the setup menu and see the M9 global clock fighting the incoming MIDI clock signal.  Is there some fix or setup function I am missing to stop this?  The whole point is to have a preset at the same BPM as our click for every song.  If the M9 won't sync, it eliminates a lot of its usefulness for me...

The timing itself fights the MIDI clock.  The repeats on the M9 are in sync with the blinking light on the Tap switch and global BPM readout.

And yes, it does warp the repeats a bit as it fights it, kind of like turning the time knob while playing on a Memory Man.

I've not really heard of anyone having this particular issue before. I know that some people have had issues with the tempo drifting after a while on the M9, but this sounds different than that. Are you running the latest firmware on the M9?

Glad this is already up. My Timefactor USED to sync the M9 BPM's when changing presets and now it only syncs when I manually turn the tempo knob on the TF. Like I said it used to work perfect. Now it doesn't. Bug fix update time?

See, I thought mine was working correctly at first, too.  I didn't add that because I'm not really sure, but I think a preset change used to sync the tempo with the M9.

It's been days since they responded here, and years since a firmware update, so I'd have to guess that they have no clue what's going on and we are just screwed on this issue as usual. 

• 1 month later...

Wanted to follow up on this after more investigation.  This is an issue with Eventide, not Line 6.  Eventide knows of the problem, and thought they had it fixed, but have told me it will be fixed in the new H9 Control firmware update for Timefactor.  Release date on that update is not available.