Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I can't connect my Pod HD to PC through an USB cable

rocklandz

Guys pls help me... I have a problem to installing the drivers for the pod. I had download the lastest drivers 4.2.7.1, latest l6 monkey 1.66, latest pod hd edit and install them but none of them could get my pod connected. After install the drivers in the right way and success, i plug my pod in but window couldn't find the drivers for it. I can make sure that nothing is wrong or damaged on the pod, because the drivers still work with the laptop from the guy who sold the pod for me (i saw it worked). But even when he help me to install the drivers in exactly the same way that he did with his laptop, nothing change at all. He and I tried to do it again with a laptop of mine, but its still the same (even with other usb ports, usb cable on my laptop and my pc). 

pod1.png

I had the same issue with my pod hd 300 before, i thought it was the hardware problem when i cant install the drivers for it so i sold it to buy a pod hd bean... but this is still happen. 

What I see is that drivers are not installed in your laptop. See if an antivirus, firewall or some sort of "security suite" is keeping drivers from installing properly. One last thing; check that the USB port in the POD is not broken. It should have a square pin in the center where 4 connectors reach. I've read in the forums that they break easily.

What I see is that drivers are not installed in your laptop. See if an antivirus, firewall or some sort of "security suite" is keeping drivers from installing properly. One last thing; check that the USB port in the POD is not broken. It should have a square pin in the center where 4 connectors reach. I've read in the forums that they break easily.

The problem is i had install-uninstall the drivers for a thousand times, but everytime i open monkey, it always shows a "no" on that. My pod is working good, usb ports on my pc and laptop or the pod are all normal. I had a pod xt live before and the line 6 monkey worked with it. But when i purchase a pod hd300 and now a pod hd, the drivers and monkey doesnt work anymore.

I'm having the same issue, this seems to be a really common problem and if anyone knows a fix it would help a lot. I've tried installing every available version of the drivers, but either the device (POD) installation fails, or after installing the most recent driver I don't even get a prompt when I connect the POD (I'm using a HD500). When I find the POD in my device manager folder and try to update the driver from there, Windows says that it found the driver but was unable to install it 'Access is Denied'. 

I've tried to go through the same process again with my antivirus uninstalled, but the same thing happens.

What version of Windows are you using? And do you know what type of account you're using (Administrator, Guest, Power User, User, etc.)? It sounds like there might be some driver installation policy restrictions going on. Have you ever installed drivers for other devices on that computer?

Hi there, using Windows 7 32 bit, and I'm on the administator's account. I haven't had driver issues previously, just recently I installed new asio drivers for Cubase without any problems. Monkey keeps downloading the drivers but then telling me that no device can be found, I feel like I've tried this process nearly a hundred times today.

It seems it could be a Windows update issue as I am having the same issue.

I gave up last time I tried to get it to work.

I have had similar issues with other usb devices, smart phones etc but uninstalling and reinstalling

fixes it. 

Not so with Line 6.

Okay Success.

Use REVO uninstaller. It removes everything and is free except the original installers etc in downloaded form. http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Make sure you "select all" in each case or you'l do nothing. First is the files tree the other are remnants.

I did this and plugged in the POD HD

Actually, I opened EDIT it told me nothing connected.

I connected the PODHD usb cable and it automatically looked and installed.

Then a EDIT notice "did I want to discard any changes" and the POD HD sync icon occurred when I press yes and it loaded up.

I forgotten my licence password so Monkey won't do anything till I login but the POD HD is connected.

Hope it helps.

This is a win as I have given up before getting it to work.

Okay, I updated drivers and has gone back to not recognizing POD HD

I ahve installer version 

Now to REvo uninstall again.

Okay, working again.

First in REVO I select advanced uninstall

I only select drivers to uninstall.

Then select all files folders and then remnants.

The uninstaller pops up.

Restart PC

connect usb and hardware detected.

Once done open Edit and sync in progress 

Open Monkey.

Update except drivers.

Turn every thing off and back on and open Edit POD HD recongnized. Yay

One thing is that the computer hasn't got it listed in the directory which is why it is more a Windows update issue than a line 6 issue.

Hope this works for you

There could be conflicting drivers. I'd suggest you uninstall everything involved with Line 6 and install again. Have you tried to fix the driver issue with the Monkey?

Yes man, actually i got the problem with Monkey.

Have you registered the pod to yourself and then run the license manager first? If you bought it from someone else they may have to unregister it from their account also.

I dont think the registered is matter. The first owner said that he can install drivers for other laptops, but not working with my divices .

It seems it could be a Windows update issue as I am having the same issue.

I gave up last time I tried to get it to work.

I have had similar issues with other usb devices, smart phones etc but uninstalling and reinstalling

fixes it. 

Not so with Line 6.

Okay Success.

Use REVO uninstaller. It removes everything and is free except the original installers etc in downloaded form. http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Make sure you "select all" in each case or you'l do nothing. First is the files tree the other are remnants.

I did this and plugged in the POD HD

Actually, I opened EDIT it told me nothing connected.

I connected the PODHD usb cable and it automatically looked and installed.

Then a EDIT notice "did I want to discard any changes" and the POD HD sync icon occurred when I press yes and it loaded up.

I forgotten my licence password so Monkey won't do anything till I login but the POD HD is connected.

Hope it helps.

This is a win as I have given up before getting it to work.

Okay, I updated drivers and has gone back to not recognizing POD HD

I ahve installer version 

Now to REvo uninstall again.

Okay, working again.

First in REVO I select advanced uninstall

I only select drivers to uninstall.

Then select all files folders and then remnants.

The uninstaller pops up.

Restart PC

connect usb and hardware detected.

Once done open Edit and sync in progress 

Open Monkey.

Update except drivers.

Turn every thing off and back on and open Edit POD HD recongnized. Yay

One thing is that the computer hasn't got it listed in the directory which is why it is more a Windows update issue than a line 6 issue.

Hope this works for you

I will try, thank you first.

Thanks to bjnette, but your solution didnt work with my pc... Damn it this is the last time i bought a line6 products. I had sent the support ticket but he just told me to check the usb port or install latest drivers.... that i have done for many many of times. 

I dont think the registered is matter. The first owner said that he can install drivers for other laptops, but not working with my divices .

I think you might be right as there are no model packs for the HD500. Although they ask you to register it to your own account right from the start with every product you buy from them.

Edited by Brazzy

Call the guy from which you bought it and ask him to transfer the account to you. I believe Monkey could fix this but you need to have access to an account. I've been able to install drivers, edit and monkey and make it usable in other computers like the guy who sold it to you, but he probably needed the account user and password.

It's hard for me to believe that you just bought the thing when the POD is known for its interaction with software, updates and therefore an account. Not to say the guy who's selling his POD on ebay just because he can't install drivers...

Call the guy from which you bought it and ask him to transfer the account to you. I believe Monkey could fix this but you need to have access to an account. I've been able to install drivers, edit and monkey and make it usable in other computers like the guy who sold it to you, but he probably needed the account user and password.

It's hard for me to believe that you just bought the thing when the POD is known for its interaction with software, updates and therefore an account. Not to say the guy who's selling his POD on ebay just because he can't install drivers...

I have bought an 2nd pod xt live a long time ago, and back in that time the drivers and monkey working fine with it, no matter which accounts on Monkey. Your solution sound strange but at least i have something to try. I will respone soon.

Hope everything works out for you.

After reading thread after thread about problems buying second hand Pod's I wouldn't buy anything like it untill the original owner can get it working on my computer first. This means I would never buy a used one online. Of Course, hindsight is always 20/20.

The guy gave me his account login when I bought it from him, and I didn't buy it from ebay, I went to his house and tried it out, so I saw it working fine on his computer system. I've had lots of Line6 gear in the past and never had a problem, and as far as I remember I never saw any warning from Line6 that says 'do not buy second hand Line6 products because they won't work'. If you are able to transfer ownership with Line6, then in theory that means they support products acquired second hand.

I think that is not the problem. The guy sold the pod for me, said he didnt even used Monkey to install drivers, he download the drivers on line 6 website and install it directly. He did the same with other divices of him, its all worked. And i just try to register my pod hd and wtf, he doesnt even register it before yet, so i register the pod hd with my account. So now i can surely to tell that register is not the problem.

I'm really tired with line6 products. First its the pod xt live, drivers with with it but the sh*tty knobs pissed me off so i have to sell it. Then HD300 and a Pod HD, both are good but the drivers doesnt work so i can't recording or create some nice tones. This f**king problems... even if it could be solved or not, i wont buy anything from line 6 from now.

???   Never ever had a driver problem with Line 6 stuff.  It's most likely a PC setup problem since this stuff works fine for 99.9% of all Line6 users.

99.9%? when i have this problem and searching it on google, i can see a bunch of people had the same issue just like me. And why only line6? I had some pedals from Zoom and Digitech before, why none of them had drivers problems ?

???   Never ever had a driver problem with Line 6 stuff.  It's most likely a PC setup problem since this stuff works fine for 99.9% of all Line6 users.

I've always had good experiences with Line 6's UX2, X3 Pro & HD 500. I'll run them for hours (a few times for 18 hrs) hooked up to my PC recording and playing while browsing the Internet with multiple tabs open. I've never bought a used one though at least to my knowledge, lol. So I would have to agree that the PC setup is an issue, maybe the hardware, etc.

Well at least there one happy ending to this story (for me in any case). The guy I bought it from is happy to take it back and return the full amount I paid.

May faith in humanity is restored.

Peace.

Hahahah Good news, Not everyone is out to get ya.

I will show some more pics, hope that someone can solve this. I dont think there is something wrong with my pod, just the drivers and Window.

pod3.png

You guys can see that i already installed the latest drivers, but i cant get my pod connected.

Windows doesn't think the driver is installed.  It is definitely a windows problem not a Pod problem.  Does it look for drivers when you plug in the Pod USB?  It should be searching for the drivers.  I would uninstall the driver and plug in the pod and wait for windows to search for the drivers.  Make sure they are on your PC to be found.

Windows doesn't think the driver is installed.  It is definitely a windows problem not a Pod problem.  Does it look for drivers when you plug in the Pod USB?  It should be searching for the drivers.  I would uninstall the driver and plug in the pod and wait for windows to search for the drivers.  Make sure they are on your PC to be found.

Yes, it looks for drivers when i plugged it in. But it was failed everytime, you can see in the last pic. I had tried in your way for many times, but still failed.

Okay, I have had the same issues same driver issues as you a year ago.

Your issue is a PC issue. No doubt.

If you are getting your money back then it doesn't matter but I'll post here how to get it to work if someone else is searching for a solution.

Over time and if your PC is on the internet and you are careless with what you surf you will get hyjacked etc. These can effect you PC without you knowing it is there.

Tell tale signs are "system restore" doesn't work for some reason. Occasionally your PC just goes to your background picture, no start menu nothing.

You have been hyjacked.

If you try to do what I did above you are missing a few steps.

First run your antivirus and scan your whole system. Or install Avira or avast free anti virus.

Revo uninstaller. Link in last post I put up. Uninstall any suspect programs.

The Line 6 Installer I have is older. As it asks me to update.

Download and install Hitman Pro. 30 day trial is enough t clean your PC up 

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1278-hitman-pro.html

Download and run http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/junkware_removal_tool.html

Remember on Revo I only chose the line 6 drivers to uninstall. ItI might be fine uninstalling everything and then reinstalling.

I am sure you might of just need a clean to get the drivers working.

I hope so

Okay, I have had the same issues same driver issues as you a year ago.

Your issue is a PC issue. No doubt.

If you are getting your money back then it doesn't matter but I'll post here how to get it to work if someone else is searching for a solution.

Over time and if your PC is on the internet and you are careless with what you surf you will get hyjacked etc. These can effect you PC without you knowing it is there.

Tell tale signs are "system restore" doesn't work for some reason. Occasionally your PC just goes to your background picture, no start menu nothing.

You have been hyjacked.

If you try to do what I did above you are missing a few steps.

First run your antivirus and scan your whole system. Or install Avira or avast free anti virus.

Revo uninstaller. Link in last post I put up. Uninstall any suspect programs.

The Line 6 Installer I have is older. As it asks me to update.

Download and install Hitman Pro. 30 day trial is enough t clean your PC up 

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1278-hitman-pro.html

Download and run http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/junkware_removal_tool.html

Remember on Revo I only chose the line 6 drivers to uninstall. ItI might be fine uninstalling everything and then reinstalling.

I am sure you might of just need a clean to get the drivers working.

I hope so

I didnt try yet but ty. Well i never heard something like malware or virus can makes drivers doesn't work. Im thinking about reinstall my windows, If even that won't work i have to put my pod on sale :D

A reinstall is always better but you loose your programs/plugins unless via a backup.

If it is no hassle to reinstall do that but those tools I linked will disinfect.

Once your done the POD HD will be connected to EDIT without logging in and it will load presets into EDIT.

To upgrade Monkey or EDIT you need to be logged in.

I think you can get an older version of the installer from Line6 site as mine was not the very latest.

It is worth mentioning I had this trouble at the previous flashware upgrade.

One last final, probably the easiest way to test to see if the PODHD is operational via usb is to connect to another PC. Have the installer on a usb stick. 

I was able to use mine on an old off line XP machine with no issues.

I wish you luck.