Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does UX2's SPDIF output support Dolby from PC ?

Hi,

For now my PC is optically connected to my Amp (for movies and musics) but the UX2 (on the same PC) is analog-connected to my Amp.

I switch to PC's SPDIF sound card  as default PC sound for movies and music and I switch to UX2 sound card as default PC sound every time I want to use UX2 for playing guitar or  mixing/recording.

Of course each time I select UX2 or PC's SPDIF, I also have to switch to the right input in my amp.

What I want to do is just use UX2 as default PC's sound card all the time, yet be able to play guitar and/or listen to Dolby sound out of the PC. That's stop switching between sound cards on the PC or input on my Amp!!!

Is it possible ?

thanks

I'm pretty you the UX's S/PDIF will only have stereo info.

Are you running more than 2 speakers?

Yes I have two floor-standing and two surround. When I play guitar (with UX2) or when I listen to PC's music I use stereo but for movies out of the PC I'd like all my 4 speakers to be used.

If the SPDIF outputs what is coming from PC, then it should support multichannel dolby although UX2's input (guitar&mic) are all stereo.

The info isn't in the manual. Where can I find it ?