Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 Longer Power Cable

argusvidicon

In my dream the power cable for the POD HD500 would be at least 25Ft. Has anyone extended theirs? How can I buy an extra one that I can use to create a long one on my own? I'd like to hear a lot of comments on this. I use my HD500 in live situations and things get ugly with such a short Power Cable. I often wonder what Line 6 was thinking.

I use an extension cable, as it likely cheaper method.

I second this. I'd much rather run a heavy duty extension cord across the stage rather a tiny DC cable. You want something that can withstand getting walked on, tripped over, or whatever. Also, if the cable does get pulled, I think you have less chance of the HD500's power jack getting damaged if you keep the switching power supply near the the HD500.

• Upvote 1

I second this. I'd much rather run a heavy duty extension cord across the stage rather a tiny DC cable. You want something that can withstand getting walked on, tripped over, or whatever. Also, if the cable does get pulled, I think you have less chance of the HD500's power jack getting damaged if you keep the switching power supply near the the HD500.

Yes even a better answer.  In a live situation ... heavy duty cables.