Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

VDI dust cover or door

I don't recommend it.  The previous versions of Variax did not have it and many folks tried to stuff a 1/4 inch jack into the VDI connector - easy to do if you are not looking like when your guitar is hanging around your neck and you feel down there for the jack.  Ruins the jack.  The cover prevents that.

• Upvote 2

Thanks!  Yeah, I can see that happening.

I just got my VDI cable from Best-Tronics, hopefully I'll be more inclined to just leave this new cable plugged in.

When I bought my second guitar many year ago, I also got a wireless system.  Always been wireless, I got some adjusting to do.

The destructive way is through normal use, since the spring on mine was too strong for the plastic and the cover eventually broke away, leaving the spring hinge and a plastic remnant in place. 

My old Variax 600 had no cover from the outset and I experienced no problems (7 years) as I always used the VDI cable and a PODxtLive.

However, since one needs to also insert a jack when using the USB interface you would do well to develop a habit of connecting the VDI cable to the guitar first... :)

• Upvote 1