Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50-212 just started to generate a strong noise(hissing)

Rockrecorder

Can anyone from the service dept of Line 6 who has experience with these amps please respond on this one? Can hiss = bad tubes? If not, what else from your experience causes these amps to hiss, pop, bang or any number of other issues reported on this forum? The "Gurus" on this fourm are extremely helpful on so many issues, but on something like this, all they can do is say "open a support ticket". As someone who works on these amps for a living, your words of experience would really help a lot.

Exchanging the two 12AX7 with new ones made the hissing disappear. Out of curiosity I put the old ones back in and - surprise - the hissing was still gone. To play it safe I'm using the new ones.

Thx

• 6 months later...

Old thread, but i have the maybe the same problem with my DT25 Head.

Highgain Voicings produce a hissing which getting louder if i turn the Mastervolume to a higher position.
In British Crunch Voicings their is a humbling sound which is independent from the mastervolume.

The amp has new valves (setting up from a tech) and nothing changes.