Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Used G30 Relay was working, then weird flashing lights

Reason413

I bought a Relay G30 unit used from someone locally.   It was working fine.. I put it down on the table and came back to it to see the beltpack had rapidly flashing lights on it...  it wouldnt connect to the reciever or anything...

I changed batteries, I did everything you could possibly think of... at some point the unit wouldnt turn back on when I turned it off...  I slammed it hard on the table in anger and now the stinkin thing works !!! 

I am certain this issue wil happen again...   what might the problem have been ?

Also... this unit doesnt flash once or twice when powered on so I am assuming that this runs in RF1 naturally correct? 

• 5 years later...

It happened to me too. Very common issue with G30. 90% chance it's coming from the battery door. Try pressing it a few times, you should be able to reproduce the problem. I fixed this with adding a bit of aluminium paper inside on top of the batteries and close the door properly then adding a rubber band to hold the door closed tight (very cheap quality door).