Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WE NEED A SOLUTION FOR code 80007211 ERROR!

fr2632

All,

I have seen that there is no a real solution for this error, I`ve tried everything, different USB cable and USB port, reset, different OS, manual installation of the flash memory NOTHING is working so far! Still get the following error :

POD HD500X update failed.

(code 80007211) Firmware update timed out waiting for response from the device.

Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected.

My specs: Win7 32 bit, i5 processor with 8GB RAM, Monkey 1.66, Drivers 4.2.7.1, USB Firmware 1.01

As anyone from the technical support a solution yet for this failure ? I am quite disappointed!

Thank you
fr2632

Thank you for your reply. Beside the error, the device works just fine, how is that possible that it needs to be repaired ? I simply can`t upgrade the flash memory .. 

well.... using the device doesn't require the usb port... the hardware issue could be something wrong with the usb port... for example...

doubtful... but possible.

Thank you for your reply. Beside the error, the device works just fine, how is that possible that it needs to be repaired ? I simply can`t upgrade the flash memory .. 

well.... using the device doesn't require the usb port... the hardware issue could be something wrong with the usb port... for example...

doubtful... but possible.

That could be but ... my HD500X is not even 6 months old and when I get that error message was the second time I was trying to upgrade it ... I am indeed disappointed as that thing costs almost 500 bucks! I agree that nothing last forever but 6 months come on! Anyway I will check with my local line6 service center. Thanks.  

I do doubt it's hardware... that's why the ticket might be a better path forward...

as support will know many other things it could possibly be...

have you tried flashing from file? (this can help if its a connection issue)

have you disconnected EVERYTHING else except usb and power? 

just a couple of things to try.

I do doubt it's hardware... that's why the ticket might be a better path forward...

as support will know many other things it could possibly be...

have you tried flashing from file? (this can help if its a connection issue)

have you disconnected EVERYTHING else except usb and power? 

just a couple of things to try.

I`ve tried to install it manually (the file downloaded was P25.phf) but the device still needs to be connected ... if its a connection issue it does not make any sense, does it ? Only the device was connected on a fresh install of Windows 7, no other programs open and running...

connection issue=monkey's ability to connect to the internet, not the ability to connect the pod to monkey

and by disconnecting everything else... i mean unplug guitars, speakers, headphones, other instruments etc... just power, and just USB.

I`ve tried to install it manually (the file downloaded was P25.phf) but the device still needs to be connected ... if its a connection issue it does not make any sense, does it ? Only the device was connected on a fresh install of Windows 7, no other programs open and running...

connection issue=monkey's ability to connect to the internet, not the ability to connect the pod to monkey

and by disconnecting everything else... i mean unplug guitars, speakers, headphones, other instruments etc... just power, and just USB.

Ok, can you please explain to me how to upgrade manually without monkey ?

was just something to try...

if you can try on another computer... sometimes it's an issue with software installed on a computer, or driver conflict etc...

Just tried on a laptop, same issue!

if you can connect to hd500x edit you can save bundle... should be in one of the pulldown menus

Unfortunately the edit gives me errors that he cant receives patches ... is there another way ?

Monkey version 1.67 seems to have fixed the problem! Flash Memory update successfully and now I have access to my patches via the Edit.

I guess it is soved!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Tried to update from 2.31 to 2.32 today. I got the 80007211 error.

So I guess that the problem isn´t solved at all.

I doubt that it has something to do with my Pod Hd Pro cause it worded flawlessly for 3 years.

Any suggestions?

Hey to "just startin'"... I bought a backup HD500 so that I wouldn't ever have down time with my gigs, and as I was trying to save all my patches on the computer so I could upload them to the new unit, I had the same thing happen today! Mine has worked perfectly for 4 years. After an hour of trying to update to 2.32, I panicked and instead pressed the "NO" button for the "do you want to save your patches" question thinking it would maybe get my unit working again. I should have called Line 6 before I did that because they answered quickly and had some simple advice for me. "Have you tried ALL the USB ports on your computer?" I had only tried the 2 in the front. As soon as I plugged it into the back of the computer where my printer usually goes, it updated immediately, BUT I had already lost all my patches... yes, it's true, I hadn't saved anything in 2 years, so I'm back to scratch. I was happy my device was working though. Customer support also said to try it on another computer or laptop, because it is rarely a hardware issue, just a connection issue. I had actually updated my flash many times through the front ports before, but never took the time to save my programs. I've been having internet issues lately, too, so it could have been a timing thing with getting the right internet connection at the right time. The customer service rep said "just keep trying to update it and it will probably catch". As soon as I hung up with him, it worked. Don't forget, you may have to calibrate your rocker pedal after this happens.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem ...
" POD HD500X update failed.
(code 80007211) Firmware update timed out waiting for response from the device.
Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected
. "... 
Also try connecting on all USB ports but no case. not connected.

can´t update flash memory. manual installation does not work.

same idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely try a different computer.

I had this exact problem on a POD HD Desktop and could not get the update to work, despite trying multiple USB cables and all the USB ports on a Windows 7 laptop. In desperation, I installed Monkey 1.68 on a Macintosh laptop and the flash update worked first time from that computer.

Incredibly frustrating when you have gigs to do and your gear is bricked. Obviously in my case the POD hardware was fine - this looks like a software issue to me and Line 6 need to put in some effort and solve it!

I won't be updating my firmware again in a hurry...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the same error message and when I tried to reinstall the firmware, my POD HD 500X stopped and shown " UPDATING FIRMWARE" , after I unplugged the power , and restart the POD, my device keep rebooting and shown the Line 6 Logo and the first patch page. In fact, I have also try to reset the device by holding down the left arrow button then plug the power adaptor, but same things happened. I am extremely disappointed. Anyone can help?

In my case, last week I bought a new HD500X and this is what happened:

1. installed latest monkey, version 1.7

2. connected pod and updated everything, no warnings at all. I followed all disconnect and connect unit instruction prompts

3. after unplug and plug the unit, POD screen went blank and displayed an "updating flash" message. However, Monkey showed that version 2.6 was installed OK.

4. opened monkey, and tried to update flash memory to latest version 2.6. Update started to run, but failed on the way, and I got the 80007211 error code indicating a "firmware update timed out" (exactly, first post on this thread)

5. tried same procedure several times with same results. Following forum suggestions, I downloaded the update file to update offline (because update could be a result of slow internet connection), but the results where exactly the same

6. read lots of forums and the advises were "use other HUB, update OS, use a friends laptop and disable firewalls". None of these solutions work for this specific problem (code 80007211), as reported but the affected users.

7. Instead of updating to flash 2.6, I made a rollback update to previous version 1.x., and there were no error messages. Monekey showed the previous version installed, but screen still showed "updating flash message

8. Finally, I updated again from the internet to version 2.6, which concluded OK and unit became fully functional.

Sorry for my english, and I hope this can help others with this problem. That day I went to sleep at 2 am because of this.

Francisco

I just experienced this issue and have tried EVERYTHING listed here as a solution...nothing has worked. I now have a HD500X that is non functioning. Power it up and I just get a screen saying "Updating flash..." I need a real fix for this ASAP or I'll have to scramble to find another means of playing this weekend. I need a fix for this now. I just bought the model packs and haven't even had a chance to use them...was updating first. What an irritating waste of time!

this thread was started over a year ago... you need to contact Line6 if you want help.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

I just experienced this issue and have tried EVERYTHING listed here as a solution...nothing has worked. I now have a HD500X that is non functioning. Power it up and I just get a screen saying "Updating flash..." I need a real fix for this ASAP or I'll have to scramble to find another means of playing this weekend. I need a fix for this now. I just bought the model packs and haven't even had a chance to use them...was updating first. What an irritating waste of time!

this thread was started over a year ago... you need to contact Line6 if you want help.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

I did...I started a ticket. Just so you know though, when starting a ticket it first makes you do a search on your issue. This thread was at the top of that results list. Damned if I do, damned if I don't apparently. So a year later and no solution is what I'm guessing then? Since you're an "Expert" you should know, right?

at least one person sorted this out...

and i'm sure others have too...

doesn't mean they posted it here.... and as you found out...

the same solution doesnt appear to work for everyone....

line6 has a support team to help you.

to learn more about what an expert here is, see the link in my signature...

but no... i do not work for line6 or know everything about every issue....

i have however pointed you to the best resource to get help with your issue...

and you can also call.... MUCH quicker, than a support ticket.

I did...I started a ticket. Just so you know though, when starting a ticket it first makes you do a search on your issue. This thread was at the top of that results list. Damned if I do, damned if I don't apparently. So a year later and no solution is what I'm guessing then? Since you're an "Expert" you should know, right?

Well, just got off the phone with Line 6 "support". The guy had no knowledge of this error code or issue. Imagine that. I even pointed him to these forum discussions. His advice "You've got a faulty unit, sorry. Take it to a service center."  Well, it was working perfectly for the past few months since buying it. Everything went to crap when I did the recommended updates. What a sorry bunch of complete s#!t.

did you try all the usual things... rebooting machine... change usb ports....

unplug everything from the pod except power and usb, restart pod...

and of course try it on another machine...

pretty generic for troubleshooting... 

did you try all the usual things... rebooting machine... change usb ports....

unplug everything from the pod except power and usb, restart pod...

and of course try it on another machine...

pretty generic for troubleshooting... 

Yes, I've tried all of that. To no avail.

Had the same problem here. What worked for me was to use a different USB cable in a different USB port. 

Simple as that. I thought nothing was wrong with the USB cable I usually connect the pod with but apparently there was.

Hope it works for you.

Had the same problem here. What worked for me was to use a different USB cable in a different USB port. 

Simple as that. I thought nothing was wrong with the USB cable I usually connect the pod with but apparently there was.

Hope it works for you.

I tried several different USB cables, didn't work. I made sure they were 2.0 as well. I actually got in touch with Digital Igloo via The Gear Page where we're both members. He gave kindly gave me some suggestions, all of which I'd already tried unfortunately. Still, he took time over a holiday weekend to try to help me, and I appreciate it.

However, here's the good news....I finally got it working.

Uninstalled everything Line 6 related from my computer....Monkey, Edit, drivers, Lic Mgr.

Reinstalled everything, manually by downloading direct from the L6 site.

Downloaded the current flash update from the website directly to my computer.

Instead of letting Monkey do the install as it usually would, there's the option to "Install from file" button down on the lower right of Monkey. This lets you take the downloaded file from your own computer instead of installing directly through Monkey and the L6 server.

For whatever reason, that worked. Same computer, USB cable, port etc. Finicky stuff.

Just for kicks....I went in again and hit "reinstall" for flash and let it try to do it from Monkey. Again, went haywire and knocked my HD500X into the frozen mode it had been in before. Went back, installed it directly from the file again...and once again, it worked. This tells me its simply not some USB issue but rather some kind of problem between Monkey and the Line 6 server its trying to get the update from. I've seen mention of users saying its a firewall issue with some pc's and anti virus software. I never bothered turning any of mine off, and frankly don't feel like I should have to for something like this. Whatever the case, my HD500X is now updated and operational.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My flash memory problem has been solved. I simply reset the podHD500 unit by holding down the left toggle on the nav pane on unit whilst powering the pod up. It resets all your settings and wipes all your patches so beware. But after I reset the unit, I connected the unit to my laptop opened up line 6 monkey and I had a nice big green tick where the flash memory was. Happily working now!

• Like 1