Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are you using the DT25 Fx loop?

ricstudioc

... the quest to settle in on a way to use all this stuff continues....

If you're using the 25's FX loop (as opposed to the 50), have you found the lack of a level control to be an issue?  Particularly if using the 4-cable routing with an HD, any problems getting levels right?  Does the master on the HD act as your "return" level control - or would it also impact the "front of amp" signal (I'm thinking NOT, but.....)?

Insghts welcomed...

Ric

in my opinion, using the 500 in 4cm with a DT (25 or 50) makes no sense at all.  There is absolutely no advantage and you lose all the tremendous integration features designed into the L6 connection.  Why would you waste time trying to get 4cm to work when L6 solves all those issues and so much more?  And if you are one of those that thinks the DT alone sounds "better" than the POD there are plenty of threads addressing this that may be able to get you on track.

Just to nitpick.. the spdif output can provide the clean guitar signal from the pod. Very useful for reamping. But the spdif deactivates when you use the l6 link. This is infuriating, but a possible reason to use 4cm, as getting the clean signal is probably more important to a recording than the integration features or the extra noise in 4cm. Then you got to re-enable the l6 link to get best quality when reamping :)

I've got a DT25 and an HD500, before that I used the 4CM to connect the HD500 with my previous amp. I cannot think of one reason to connect the HD & DT with the 4CM. Everything the 4CM achieves can be done when connected by L6 Link.

Everything the 4CM achieves can be done when connected by L6 Link.

Apart from the spdif..

There is another limitation, I can't remember exactly but I think its that you can't use the midi editor for the dt25 with the l6 connected. Haven't got mine hooked up so I can check. The l6 link clearly disables several features, but I agree with using it in the vast majority of cases.