Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 700 with hd 500x and workbench

I.m trying to get my variax to work through hd500x with workbench 1.75

But for some reason the workbench does'nt recognize any of my line 6 devices

I have used line 6 monkey to update everything that needed to be updated but I just can't get the workbench

to communicate with my variax 700

By the way I'm using windows 8

Is there anyone who can help me?

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far the STUPIDEST thing Line 6 has ever done!!!!!! What about peple who use both older and JTV guitars ?   If this REALLY dumb idea is to try to get us to buy new gear and then find it doesn't work with our older gear to try to get us to buy more new gear (JTV) you have JUST LOST ME as a line believer.. I thought you were really on to something., guess you don't care about the people who got you this far. Yamaha tell you to do this ?

If  i understand well we could use a POD XT LIVE, POD X3 LIVE, POD HD PRO or POD HD 500 for any upgrade of variax 700 series and not the X version of PODs ...

could you plan to make a software update or no way as a hardware configuration issue ???

thanks

If  i understand well we could use a POD XT LIVE, POD X3 LIVE, POD HD PRO or POD HD 500 for any upgrade of variax 700 series and not the X version of PODs ...

could you plan to make a software update or no way as a hardware configuration issue ???

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is by far the STUPIDEST thing Line 6 has ever done!!!!!! What about peple who use both older and JTV guitars ?   If this REALLY dumb idea is to try to get us to buy new gear and then find it doesn't work with our older gear to try to get us to buy more new gear (JTV) you have JUST LOST ME as a line believer.. I thought you were really on to something., guess you don't care about the people who got you this far. Yamaha tell you to do this ?

That's a bit harsh, but yes it is kind of stupid. I'm sure the code to make old workbench work is probably not even 1 MB. Just because the old Variaxes are 10 years old doesn't mean there's no old Variax users left.

It's not very fair. I know I'm never getting a 500x because of this, and this ultimately means I'm getting a 500 without paying Line 6 through ebay. This isn't because I don't want to support them, but because it's my only decision.

I"m usually very easy going, but that just seems so illogical not to go backward compatable on this, it just burned me a bit. Check reverb.com for gear. I'm mostly on there now instead of Ebay. Bob's Variax & stuff.