Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use my UX2 to capture midi in Guitar Pro 6

I just purchased Guitar Pro 6 and I want to directly capture my (guitar, keyboards, etc) in order to write the tabulature. I know that the GP6 can capture midi files directly. Can I use my UX2 to capture midi while playing? I use reaper as my recording software and POD Farm 2 for tones. Would I need any additional software or devices to be able to do this?

Thanks for any help that you can give me

The UX2 is an audio interface. It does not handle any MIDI information.

I am not a guitar-midi expert in any way so I can't really advise you on the best way, or equipment, to turn your guitar input into the MIDI files that GP6 needs .... but I know the UX2 won't do it.

you can google wav, mp3, or guitar to midi, but most of the free stuff is mono phonic.

Or you can get a midi guitar or midi pick-up, also expensive.

Are trying to transcribe original material to MIDI? If so and you go the old fashion route and manual enter the score/tab or midi, I think you will find it will increase your transcribing skills.

For an affordable Transcribing software I have heard good thing about this, haven't personally tried it yet.

http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html

Also, I have used Sibelius which includes AudioScore Lite, which can convert an instrument signal into musical score (which easily converts to midi). The full version is expensive, but I have had some success with the lite version, you do have to clean up the note values (for timing) a bit, but it should get you to 80 to 90 % there.