Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EHX Soul Food pedal on the way. Anyone have one?

stumblinman

Looking for any firsthand experience with it. Supposedly a Klon Centaur clone for 60 odd bucks. Sounds great in demos and reviews. I saw some posts by phil_m on tgp about it, but not sure if anyone has tried using it with a HD500. Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

I haven't tried it with my HD500. I have used it in front of my DT25, though. I think it's a great little pedal. I like that it has a wide range of useable tones. You can go from essentially a clean boost to some pretty fat OD tones.

I've been through so many OD pedals and never found the sound in my head. This one from the reviews seems to nail that. Just enough harmonics and dirt to push my tones I already like to that "holy $&@!" zone. I'm really looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

I haven't tried it with my HD500. I have used it in front of my DT25, though. I think it's a great little pedal. I like that it has a wide range of useable tones. You can go from essentially a clean boost to some pretty fat OD tones.

Replying to my own thread.

The one I ordered from Musicians Friend won't be here until Tuesday, damn holiday weekend.  So I ran down to Guitar Center and picked one up in the meantime.

I'm keeping both.

Sweet boost that pushes amp (and Pod HD500) over the top.  Rich in harmonics, and all the dirt I need.  I think I will set one up as a clean boost and the second as a dirtier option if I really need it.  Don't hesitate, buy one.  It plays very nice with the Pod HD.  It's a little noisy, but I don't usually get that much OD from a pedal, so it's not an issue.

I see why folks are lollipopting their pants over a Klon.  This thing is nice.

• 3 weeks later...