Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brand new XD-V75 shut off

So I posted in another thread about a new mic and if it's comparable with my setup. I literally just got the mic on Friday and used it yesterday for the first time. So far ok with the sound however out of nowhere the receiver just died, shut off completely. Turned it on and off, nothing. I unplugged it a few times and nothing happened. It took me about 10 minutes to finally get it back on and it worked fine the rest of the night. Should I send it back in? It's 2 days old!

Please let me know what I should do

I will try tonight, but just nervous that it will happen again.  I did unplug it (both from receiver and outlet end) a bunch of times and didn't get a response.  It took me a while before it finally turned back on. 

I assume you mean as a test and not at a show :)

Just no way to know from way over here.  Each individual transmitter and receiver goes through a bunch of tests before they are shipped.  I don't know if that's the case for the power supplies which is probably a much more likely cause of problems than the reviver itself ... but it could be anything, especially with a new out of the box unit.

Yes, tested tonight at home, not at a show.  My next gig is on Sunday so I will have more real world experience then, but I did unplug and plug in the power cord a bunch of times just now and it was fine.  Ill see how it goes over the next few weeks and report back...but I did at least want to mention it being that it was brand new and happened within the first 2 hours at my gig this past weekend.

Stay tuned!

Thanks again for the quick response.