Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual tone signal path question

Newbie Pod Farm Question:

Is it possible to create a dual tone where the single chain of stomp boxes are feeding two amps and a single chain of post effects affecting the same two amps?

I'm running Pod Farm 2.56 on an iMac with OS 10.9.2.

Hi frstrat,

If you are running pod farm in a DAW (recording program), then what you could do is make a dual tone in pod farm on your track and then add another instance of Pod Farm (or other effects in the DAW)  after this on the same track.

If you are using the standalone version of Pod Farm, then it might not be possible. I wonder if someone else knows of a way?

If you are using the standalone version then you could try using a DAW and putting a version of Pod Farm in that and have it as the post effects and have Pod Farm standalone running through to the DAW with it's wet effected signal. There are a couple of  problems with this however. 

1. There is added 'latency' (time it takes for the sound to be produced after playing the note)  with this, so there would probably be a noticable delay between what a single unit would give you and what this will give you. On the other hand though, it might give you different sound that you might actually prefer.

2. You would be hearing the un-post effects version as well as the post effects version (if that makes sense :)  ) If you didn't want this, you could turn down standalone's volume and just listen to the sound from the DAW, but you will probably notice a delay then.

Hope this hasn't been confusing.

God Bless,

David

Just create a dual path tone on POD Farm 2.5x

You can not put effect after the mixer in POD Farm standalone, bit you could route the entire track to a POD Farm plug-in post processing.

It really depends on the workflow you are after.

Triryche and David,

Thanks for your replies.

I was hoping to use Pod Farm in stand alone mode for routine practice and jamming.  In a nutshell, I was curious if Pod Farm would give me some of the routing flexibility found in Pod HD Edit but using the amp models from the X3 line I love.

I've been reluctant to embrace the HD 500x because most of the amps don't appeal to me.  

I record in Garageband.  I try using Pod Farm there to see if I can make it work.

Thanks again,

Floyd