Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 with Tube Half stack settings??

waynered

I am fairly new HD500 user and this may have already been covered.  Here's my situation.... POD HD500 with Marshall ma100 h (tube) + Marshall Cab. GUITARS...LES PAUL< STRAT styles.

I would like to use the the marshall's master control...ie Volume to control sound levels. 

I enjoy using the amps within the POD SETTINGS as well.

How can I have the best of both worlds?? In POD EDIT where should the loop go and how to ajust the settings so the amp and pod work together??

Thanks for any advice!! :)

I actually prefer to Edit within the HD500 but each their own.

I am not sure about your Marshall but with my Valvestate the Master and Reverb are available in 4 CM.

But the volume control is on the HD500 master when using the amp's pre.

I am fairly new HD500 user and this may have already been covered.  Here's my situation.... POD HD500 with Marshall ma100 h (tube) + Marshall Cab. GUITARS...LES PAUL< STRAT styles.

I would like to use the the marshall's master control...ie Volume to control sound levels. 

I enjoy using the amps within the POD SETTINGS as well.

How can I have the best of both worlds?? In POD EDIT where should the loop go and how to ajust the settings so the amp and pod work together??

Thanks for any advice!! :)

Hey there!

There's a couple ways you can use your POD with this situation. I recommend looking over page 2.8 of the user manual: POD%20HD500X%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

This gives great detail for output modes depending on if your plugging into a mixer all the way to in your case a full stack.

If you'd like to use your Marshall as your amp with no modeling, just roll back on the amps to select 'no amp' and then you can use the POD500 for just FX.

If you'd like to use the amp modeling within the POD; make your marshall as flat and clean as possible. Instead of the full amp models, scroll through all the amps untill you reach the same list of HD Preamps. Using the Preamp stage of the amplifier is recommended when using an external amplifier as in you're situation;  

"Note that, whether an Amp or Preamp is selected, the additional application of Cab and Mic

Models is dependent upon the SETUP:OUTPUT settings."

To put it in perspective a little. If you're using a an amp with a cab, you probably don't want/need to tone of a mic'd cab since you are playing out of one already.   But read over the output modes to understand them to find what is right for you. 

As for the Volume, Set your PODHD 500 master to 100. The channel Volume will be the Modeled amps volume control, which can also be set to 100 unless you desire a different volume (which also effects amps tone). Then your Marshall's master volume will be your main volume. 

• 2 weeks later...

you can try the 4 cable method (best of both worlds) or plug straight into the pod and plug the pods output in the fx return/power amp in (you may need to engage the amps fx loop. The latter will basically be you using an HD preamp into the marshall tube power amp. The 4 CM does that and more, I'd explain it but you can look it up and it'll tell you.