Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV59/POD HD500 not working in WB HD or monkey - Help!

Hi all, grateful for any help suggestions with the following:-

I was excited to see that workbench HD had been updated to work via POD HD500 having given up waiting a few months ago.

I had been desperate to get it as having never used the usb connector thingy that came with the JTV I only discovered it didnt work when it was out of warranty - I figured "no sweat, i'll wait for the upgrade".

So I fired up WB HD via the POD (having first updated to the latest firmware for both POD and JTV) and everything worked perfectly, I quickly created a couple of models ( 335 with the special P90s and a "superstrat" with fender bucker).

A few hours later i went to play the JTV and my custom2 slot had reverted back to what was on there before ( I loaded them with "upload to variax" and had played them through my amp so I know they were on there)

I loaded the models back into custom2 and after a break of a couple of hours or so, went to jam with some mates. The Jam was in a rehearsal space and at gig level volume and I have to say the JTV sounded fantastic, was very pleased with the model patches I'd created too.

Now today.... I go to play my custom models and get horribly corrupted noises. Thinking something in 2.1 hasn't "taken" properly I open monkey to try a reflash. Initially it recognizes the JTV and POD but I get an error when I try to flash  - "midi connection error 000800009" or similar ( would have written it down if I'd known what would happen next)

I try again and now the monkey isn't recognizing the JTV anymore, just the POD.

Could it be the VDI cable? It's doing a fine job of powering the JTV and sends a perfect signal to my amp via the POD so I'm not sure.

I did tweak a couple of the standard models in WB HD - turned the strat volume up and the les Paul down a fraction and those tweaks are still there and in all other respects the JTV is working fine using the VDI.

I haven't opened a ticket yet, thought I'd see if any forum members could advise first.

All help gratefully received.

Dan

Just to add...

I'm using a (supposedly) good quality VDI cable and I just dug out the cable that the variax is shipped with and tried that with the same result.

So I'm thinking not the cable...

Is it worth rolling back/reflashing the POD firmware? Everything worked ok to begin with though....

confused :mellow:

Just found the advice in one of the forums to unplug everything from the back of the pod except power and USB.... and it worked!

Could be coincidence I suppose, i did try different USB ports, whistling "waltzing matilda" while scratching my left buttock etc but something worked...