Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Achieve Short "Effect Shots"

Hello, fellow M20d users :)

I was just thinking on how I can achieve a short "effect shot" on the M20d without having a sound guy turning the effect on and off or switching Scenes during a song.

I´m trying to do the following:

For one song I need a long reverb on my percussion kit, just for 3-4 strokes on the intro, then I want to return to "normal operations" or better said my normal global settings for the groove of the song.

I don´t have anybody who could turn the reverb on during the gig with the IPad, nor do I want to Switch Scens during the running song.

My thought was that I maybe can "route" the reverb to an empty Encoder/channel and then just unmute this channel for the intro and mute it afterwards.

Is there a way I can achive this with the M20d somehow?

Yeah, I know I can turn on and off the effect on the channel myself, but I don´t want to switch away from the perform screen. So, I need to find a way to push just a button or encoder on the perform screen to turn on or off the reverb for the percussion kit.