Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

model/patch names in WB HD

Doing lots of tweaking in Workbench HD and having lots of fun but have come across a weird problem which I wonder if anyone else is experiencing.

When I load a saved patch into WB, the saved guitar is loaded but not the name of the patch in the left hand menu.

I started with the models in Custom2 and made them into completely different guitars, saved them under different names but even when I load my named patch the tweaked model loads perfectly but the original name, "open c" or whatever, loads as the model name in the left hand menu. Is this normal? Seems to go against any file management I've ever done with other software.

Have looked in the WB HD manual but can't find an answer.

Am I doing something wrong?

ok, but when i change the name in the menu as you suggest, then go to "save preset as" it asks me to specify a file name, I've never known a piece of software before that behaves in this way. Am I the only one who finds it weird? I can't believe it's supposed to work like this.

the "save preset as" represent a filename.

the filename repsesents a "physical" storage entity which is capable of storing many parameters of a single preset, one of those being the model name.
anyway, does it work? is ur problem is solved?

the "save preset as" represent a filename.

the filename repsesents a "physical" storage entity which is capable of storing many parameters of a single preset, one of those being the model name.

anyway, does it work? is ur problem is solved?

No it doesn't work. I understand how file management works, that's why I find it a bit strange that when I load a preset (a file), that I have saved under a filename, when I load that preset into WB it loads the preset correctly but under a completely different filename. You wouldn't expect that to happen in Excel, for example, would you?

you don't need to "save preset as".... send the preset to the variax, and then it will overwrite the name on the variax and in the local cache.. and a simple "save" should use the name given.

Thanks.

When I change the name in the menu and then upload to variax, the name in the menu instantly reverts to what was there before. Also I have no simple "save" option, only "save preset as". Is the "save" option somewhere other than the drop down menus?

Sorry if I'm being thick....

not to be overly simplistic... because this one simple thing has tripped me up in the past...

but after you change the name in workbench, you have to hit enter...

may or may not be the case here....

but if you move to the next preset without hitting the enter key it will not keep the name...

• Upvote 1

not to be overly simplistic... because this one simple thing has tripped me up in the past...

but after you change the name in workbench, you have to hit enter...

may or may not be the case here....

but if you move to the next preset without hitting the enter key it will not keep the name...

Thanks Zap, now I get the names staying put in the menu.

I still don't understand why I have to manually specify a name when saving the patch to disk though, rather than the name in WB being automatically kept with the patch. Still, if everyone else is happy with it it must be just me!!

you will always have to specify the name if you use "save as..."

not sure if that's the case here....

i generally save the entire bundle and not individual banks or models unless i'm sharing them with others...

and i would just use the date as name so i can keep track of my backups.

..I still don't understand why I have to manually specify a name when saving the patch to disk though, rather than the name in WB being automatically kept with the patch. ..

if u save a bank or even the full bundle, u MUST specify a filename.

in exel with many rows and colums, all the data are stored under a single independent filename, aren't they??