Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Garageband 10 Click Track ahead of the Recording Measure?

sbgardner

I'm trying to record with Garageband 10 and a Line6 HD500X.  The problem is that the click track/metronome is a split second ahead of the measure indicated on the screen.  In otherwords, if I play to the click track, my playing is slightly ahead of the measure as it's recorded.  How can I fix this?

I'm using the HD500X as both the input and output device, monitoring through headphones on the HD500X.  My Mac Mini is connected to my LCD TV via an HDMI.  I know that games like RockSmith have a sound latency issue that can be corrected, but I have no idea how to tell Garageband it's recording too late vs. the click track...

Any help is appreciated!

are your recordings in time with the click or with the monitor? I would assume you either need to adjust you Device settings for the HD500, or maybe switch to a lower resolution output to speed up your video signal, cause it sounds like your video is lagging on your audio, which is known to happen occasionally with HDMI. 

Might be worth it to connect a regular monitor and see if you still have the issue.