Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Individule String Volume

Hey All,

Is there any way to adjust the volume of the individule strings.  The low 'E' on my JTV59 seems to have less volume then the others.  If I turn up the bass on my amp it affects all the strings which I don't want.  I thought there might be an internal adjustment.

Cheers, Mike

Damn, I should have added, that's for the mag pickups.  If you are just using modeling, I'm not sure my suggestion will make any difference at all - you might find something in the Variax WB software, cannot remember.

Larry

• Upvote 1

There is a universal string volume setting in the Variax workbench for the modeled tones (Larry is correct). 

This will apply for all models - unfortunately you can't set up different volumes for different models.  I wish I could set up a five-string, "blues-G" tele for Keith Richards' songs by setting the 6th string to 0 volume, but this currently isn't an option.

There is a universal string volume setting in the Variax workbench for the modeled tones (Larry is correct). 

This will apply for all models - unfortunately you can't set up different volumes for different models.  I wish I could set up a five-string, "blues-G" tele for Keith Richards' songs by setting the 6th string to 0 volume, but this currently isn't an option.

For Keith Richards you could (virtually) tune the sixth string up to G and the rest to regular open G.  That way, if you hit the low E string while doing Rolling Stones impressions it will sound pretty much the same - better for that use than the standard low "D" in open G tuning.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Any solutions... I have the same problem on my JTV-59.... Low E less volume than the others. Please help??

Individual string volumes are changeable, either globally or on a per model basis, in HD Workbench. If your low E is not loud enough with all 6 string volumes set to 100% (which is the default), then you could try lowering the others to compensate, until everything evens out. Will likely be a trial and error thing...

With Workbench HD you can set individual string volumes for each model - and that allows you to set the low E string to zero volume so it can't be heard if you so wish. You have to be on firmware v2.0 or v2.1 for Workbench HD. If you are on v1.9 or lower then you have to use the old Workbench which does not allow you to do this.