Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When are we getting the AMPLIFi v1.1 firmware?

vlxjim

It would be nice to get these presets so I can use my iPad for viewing music scores.

http://line6.com/news/general/1533

Additionally, AMPLIFi v1.1 firmware will soon be available for AMPLIFi 150 and 75. The update gives guitarists access to 100 onboard presets, sorted by banks, so they can access all the presets they need for any gig.

AMPLIFi Remote v1.1 for iOS is now available via the Apple App Store.

AMPLIFi v1.1 firmware will be available soon via the AMPLIFi 1.1 App, available as a free download here.

Just download it, I am already working with the v1.1. Check the App store

Yeah Thats the APP. I want the Firmware that is 1.1. Read the rest of my post. Firmware 1.1 add more presets to the Amplifi 75/150

Yes, Firmware version 1.00.5 is the most recent version - has been available for over a month.

Firmware 1.1 is the version that Line6 have been teasing us with - it will apparently provide the ability to store 100 presets (instead of just 4 currently) which is long overdue, especially seeing how it's sister product, the Amplifi 100fx, already has this capability.

Better integration of the shortboard is also likely to be provided with Firmware v1.1 and hopefully Bluetooth connectivity will be improved.

The Amplifi is currently punching well below it's weight, hopefully the new firmware will be worth the long wait and will make it a contender - bring it on!!

• 2 weeks later...

According to TheRealZap (talking on another thread about the possibility of an Android Remote app for Amplifi) "there have been cases where announced updates have taken nearly a year to materialize."

...let's hope this isn't one of those cases !

Haven't had a chance to try this yet, but sounds like the remote app may have 'jumped the gun' on the firmware update.

This presumably means that the firmware is imminent though - the Remote App update refers to the 100 presets and better FBV board compatibility, so it looks like it's gonna deliver what we've been hoping for...

As an app developer I can tell you it's tricky to coordinate events through Apple's review process... Apps typically take a few weeks to get through Apple's review process but sometimes they surprise and put an app through in as little as a few days. Maybe the Amplifi app went through the approval process a lot faster than anticipated which could account for the firmware lag. Maybe they thought they had more time than anticipated to time the firmware update so that the two release simultaneously?

Surprised Apple don't offer an option for App developers to choose what date they want a particular update to be published.

Seems like a fairly fundamental and important piece of info. Easy to ask and answer. And that's saying something as I'm actually a drummer first and foremost. :-0

Ummm, confused.

Have updated the App and the firmware on the 75........

Any idea how to recall your presets when the Amplifi app is closed? Have placed my previous 4 tones in bank 25 (user), but as soon as close the app, hit a, b, c, or d on my FBV express, it changes the tone back to whatever is in Bank 1.

Maybe be being a bit thick here, but would appreciate it if anyone could shed any light!

Thanks in advance.

Interesting question, I wasn't sure how they were gonna implement changing banks via the FBV Express. There was speculation (pure speculation) that, for example, the A/B pedals would navigate up and down banks while C/D would navigate within each bank. Thing is, I don't think anyone knows yet exactly how the Amplifi has been tweaked to work with the Express. For the moment it seems a case of trial and error.

I have the Shortboard and that has been very straightforward to use with the new firmware because the Bank Up/Down pedals finally work as intended. Not sure how to do it with the Express, but the Remote App 1.2 Update specifically mentioned better integration with the Shortboard AND Express, so presumably there is some way !

Interesting question, I wasn't sure how they were gonna implement changing banks via the FBV Express. There was speculation (pure speculation) that, for example, the A/B pedals would navigate up and down banks while C/D would navigate within each bank. Thing is, I don't think anyone knows yet exactly how the Amplifi has been tweaked to work with the Express. For the moment it seems a case of trial and error.

I have the Shortboard and that has been very straightforward to use with the new firmware because the Bank Up/Down pedals finally work as intended. Not sure how to do it with the Express, but the Remote App 1.2 Update specifically mentioned better integration with the Shortboard AND Express, so presumably there is some way !

I would not expect the ability to change banks with the Express. It has never offered this feature as a controller for any of the other products it controls. It allows you to switch between 4 presets within the current bank and gives you access to the wah, volume, and tuner. The one thing I'm not sure of with the Amplifi is if there's a way to make switch banks on the amp with the app so you can access different banks besides the first one.

FWIW, on the FX100's current fw, the pedalboard's display will not reflect a bank/preset change from the AMPLIFi Remote app.

For example, if you are on 1A, you navigate to 23C via the app, the FX100 still displays 1A even though the current tone being processed is 23C.

hit the B,C or D FS and the prest will be 1B, !C, 1D (respectively).

I would not expect the ability to change banks with the Express. It has never offered this feature as a controller for any of the other products it controls. It allows you to switch between 4 presets within the current bank and gives you access to the wah, volume, and tuner. The one thing I'm not sure of with the Amplifi is if there's a way to make switch banks on the amp with the app so you can access different banks besides the first one.

I expect:

post-1415339-0-00512500-1404506690_thumb.jpg

I expect:

That part of the manual is referring to using the FBV as a MIDI controller with the MIDI over USB functionality. The "bank change" command there is a specific MIDI command you can assign to the footswitch to control software. The functions of the footswitches can't be changed like that when you're using them as a controller for a Line 6 device.

That part of the manual is referring to using the FBV as a MIDI controller with the MIDI over USB functionality. The "bank change" command there is a specific MIDI command you can assign to the footswitch to control software. The functions of the footswitches can't be changed like that when you're using them as a controller for a Line 6 device.

I hope they made/ will make the necessary update at firmware side to make bank change be available via express mkii.

With the firmware update... Does the amp now remember/retain the multiple tone banks or is it that the various banks are only be accessible using the iOS app/device? If the amp does holds all the banks without the iOS device, then how does one switch from one bank to the next? Thanks.

I'm sure that the reason that we did not get the presets as we were told in the last two APP updates. Was do to the fact that the APP downloads them for the Amp. Now that the new firmware has included the banks as well as the preset the APP can now download them into the APP.

OK, I've upgraded the remote app (shortly after release) have now updated the firmware and now have the 100 presets, so far so good.The problem is that apart the 4 original presets they're all 'empty', I was hoping for some ready made patches to play with. Do I need to reload the remote in order to get them, or search for them by name and then populate the presets?