Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth Streaming Stuttering

bfalch

Hi, Folks,

I just bought the FX100.  I plan to use this primarily as an at-home jamming and practicing tool.  When I stream audio to the FX100, there is some mild stuttering going on.  Occasional short skips, etc.  I ranges from many times a song to only a handful.

Is there a solution to this?  I use mine with an iPad Air that sits on my couch with the floorboard within about 2-3 feet, but slightly obstructed by the couch.

I saw that the Amplifi amps have a line-in that some folks are using to get around this problem, but the FX100 doesn't have a line-in, right?  (I don't have mine in front of me right now.)

If I can't get this working properly, I'll have to return it.  I use mine mostly with headphones, so hearing the skipping directly in my ears drives me nuts.

Sometimes when I load a song there is a small interruption when loading the tone match.

Also when I change patches there might be a small interruption.

Other than that it only breaks up if I walk too far away.

So, Triryche, what do you use to connect to the FX100?  It looks like my problem is the iPad Air.  When I connect my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to the FX100, the bluetooth audio is flawless.

I sure wish there were an Android app for this thing.  Then, I'd be golden!

I am using an iPad Air.

Sometimes my daughter has a quadrillion apps going in the background with tons of notifications from social media sites, which I think may have caused some streaming issues in the past, I'm not certain though. Now I quit all background apps (double-click the Home button to see all the background apps) and have her sign out of the sites before I use it.

Maybe try re-installing the app, forget the BT connection and reconnect.

Yeah, I kill everything else running, too.  Which version of the OS are you running?  I just updgraded to 7.1.1 (the latest), but I haven't tested it yet.  I've turned off all notifications, etc...  I even turned of my email updates, but still wasn't working.

I did see that many other folks do have problems with Bluetooth Streaming on the iOS7.  The latest update has fixes for bluetooth, so hopefully that will be better.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes when I load a song there is a small interruption when loading the tone match.

Also when I change patches there might be a small interruption.

Other than that it only breaks up if I walk too far away.

I also have experienced the interruption when switching. It's not small though. Any break in the music is too much really! Come to think of it, I don't recall any mid song switching during any of the demos I watched. I hope it gets sorted in the next update. 

J