Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1st problem with an L3S, clicking and power cycling

Hi!

I have a fairly new (< 3 months old) L3S that has been went a bit haywire tonight.  It started clicking and power cycling all through the set.  It did this once before, but I had thought it was a loose cable.  The first time this happened, I power cycled it, and wiggled the cable, and it didn't happen again.  This time, I power cycled it a couple of times, reseated the cable, and even switched power outlets, but no joy.  I plan to call tech support on Friday, but was wondering if anyone here might have some insight.

Thanks!

You could have a hardware issue which would need to be addressed by a service center.  Are you connected via L6 link.  Sometimes a bad connector in the digital chain can cause the speaker to lose it's place in line and it will recycle to try and find it.  I have also seen this happen when plugged into "surge protector" AC strips.  Where are you in the world ... 120 or 240 vac?

Hi!

I'm in the US (floriduh to be exact) :)  Yes, using L6 Link.  I'll try a new cable and not running it off the power strip and super big extension cord.  (which we are doing).  It's odd that it's actually fully powering off (the light on the front is going off), and I hear a clicking like a relay being reset.  If it happens tonight, I'll just bypass the sub, and call Line 6 on Monday.