Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod hd500 and cubase 5-how can I hear it through the speakers and not my headphones?

talbehar

Hi there

Iv'e been working with my HD500 and Cubase 5 for some time now, but I can't figure out how to use my computer's speakers while recording. The only way I hear myself in real time is if I plug into the headphone jack of the HD500. Just to be clear-I'm using it as a direct sound card, no other sound cards present. 

Thanks!

Oh gosh no. I do this all the time, but I use the SPDIF connection into my soundcard (RME UFX), not the 1/4" or XLR or USB outputs, although I believe you can use any of those with no ill effects. Plus, I use the soundcard's "zero-latency loopback" feature and adjust the DAW's latency compensation to match. Not sure how to do this in Cubase (as I use Sonar) but it is a full-featured DAW so I'm sure it has this feature as well. Zero-latency monitoring has been around a long, long time. In fact, Google "zero-latency monitoring in Cubase" and see what you get.