Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Input 1 not working ?

I have the full Dreamstage set up has been perfect (The Bags are poor IMO but thats a different story) 

In the last two weeks at practice we only use the vocals on input one and the speakers drop out and then pop and come back in, I'm using a Shure Beta 87 Condenser with +48v selected. We have changed leads,Mics and as a last resort switched the mic to another channel and it now works. 

Which suggests the Mic 1 input is damaged/Faulty or has dirt on the pins/Connectors

Any advice? 

Thanks

What is the other I put you switched to? Was it 2 - 6? Or was it 7-12? I am just wondering if it was in the other "group". You can put phantom power on 1-6, or 7-12.

Its No 10 now but I tried a passive mic in No 1 and it still dropped out.

See my thread for details of a very similar problem....

After several months I diagnosed the fault down to a faulty Multi Socket on that particular input as well as input 6.

http://line6.com/support/topic/6559-issue-volume-reduction-on-stereo-grouped-device/

Thanks for the link Its very similar to my problem, quite worrying really for £1.5 k Mixer , Thomann although quite cheap are not great on customer care IMO.

Just as an idea: Do you have noise gates on your preset for channel one and maybe have it set too high?

This was something I was struggeling with at my last gig. Thought 2 Inputs where dead, but afterwards it turned out that the gates were set too high for the channels (where the Setting was just fine from the gig before when I loaded the Setup again for that gig).

Anyway: My fault and no Hardware issue on my side. Fortunate enough.

I checked the noise gates and they are all off, I used Channel one again with a Passive mic and it did the same again swapped to channel 2 and it worked perfectly, So looks like a problem with Channel 1 perhaps a dry solder joint? .

The mixer was bought as B Stock so I don't have a warranty and only 11 XLR inputs :(  

The mixer was bought as B Stock so I don't have a warranty and only 11 XLR inputs :(

B-stock from Thomann doesn't affect your warranty. Indeed B-stock from any supplier shouldn't affect your warranty.

B-stock from Thomann doesn't affect your warranty. Indeed B-stock from any supplier shouldn't affect your warranty.

Thanks for the reply,  I got the mixer from DV247 so its a 12 month warranty, I did email them and they said it was no longer covered, I replied with the 1979 Sale of goods act conditions and they have offered to have it collected FOC and looked at so thats a start, Here's keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks Again.