Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Record Microphone and Guitar at same time HD500X

diegomave

Hi, i have this question... i want record both at same time, in separated channels. is possible that? Other question is, record Microphone to AMP (SM57 to AMP), and process some effects with the HD500x, without affecting the microphone, is that possible?

Thanks, sorry about my english.

Hi, i have this question... i want record both at same time, in separated channels. is possible that? Other question is, record Microphone to AMP (SM57 to AMP), and process some effects with the HD500x, without affecting the microphone, is that possible?

Thanks, sorry about my english.

Hey Diego, the 500x can also be used as an interface so yes you can use it to record your amp, acoustic, vox, bass. If you turn off amp modeling you can use the EQ's and FX, then run a line or stereo out to your DAW. This is whats great about the 500x incase you dont already have an interface. Keep in mind what ever effect/amp you use it will effect your sound. So if you wanted to record just your amp with a mic, and a little reverb --turn off amp modeling and turn on a reverb.

Now if you were asking if you could record your mic'd amp plus amp modeling in two seperate channels in your DAW via the 500X the answer is no. What ever is happening in your signal chain will effect any incoming signal.

This is all in regards to using 500x for recording. Keep in mind you can disable amp modeling completley if desired and you can use just the effects.

If you havent already, i highly reccomend checking out page 2.8 of the POD HD500X Advanced Guide. Click this link and select the manual of your language preference. Page 2.8 goes in depth about the output modes of the 500x. These output options really get you the fullest/truest tone when using your pod with an external amplifier.

http://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500x

• 1 year later...

I do everything easily with Steinberg (Yamaha) UR22 ...voice & guitar at the same time with no ajustement. But i've never been successful with the HD500x (almost 4 time the prise of the UR22) a shame !