Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Valve 112 Shorting Out - Poor Aussie Service To Date.

bracko21

Got a problem with my 112. Bought her in 2011 and was played for no more than 5 minutes at a time for around 12 months [would not have used it for more than 20 minutes in total during warranty period].

Finally the baby starts walking and not sleeping all hours so I go too actually sit down and play this amp and after it gets warmed up it appears to "short out" reverting to setting "A" and blasting the 12 month old baby and wife out of the room.!!! I turned her off, waited a few minutes and tried again.............. . Same result.

In Dec 2012 i took it to the Australian accredited repairer who luckily is set up only 50km from my place. They test for a week and when I call said there was no problem.  I raced down the freeway and picked her up, brought her home and set up ready to serenade the house when "whammo" same result. :angry: SO back it went to the shop. A few tests later the team were no closer to finding the problem. It is decided that although a new board is not available for replacement, parts for the board are and will be shipped on the next air freighted delivery from the US.

That conversation was over 8 weeks ago!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  

I am still no closer to getting a solution, despite giving them reminder calls every fortnight!

The boys seem genuine, and appear keen to get a solution but I am concerned that either they are not getting the support they need? Are clutching at straws? Or are trying to put lipstick on a pig???  

Either way I am not happy and need some action on this ASAP from this forum [solution], Line 6 [parent company] or the Aussie distributors.

Help and advice from fellow forum members [or others] would be appreciated!!!! :)

Hi, and sorry to see you run into trouble. Below is the info on our Australian distributor. If you did not talk to them, who did you contact? You opened a support ticket on this and we are ready to help, so please check your account and reply to the ticket.

AUSTRALIS MUSIC GROUP 
www.australismusic.com.au
info@australismusic.com.au 
Unit 10 163-173 McEvoy Street
Alexandria NSW 2015
Phone: (+61) 02 96984444
Fax: (+61) 02 96984545

It seems strange they weren't able to duplicate the problem, but then it happened immediately upon reconnecting at your house. I wonder if it's related to the power it's getting or connected equipment (cabling, guitar, midi etc).

They did eventually replicate the issue at the workshop. We did originally think the problem was power supply at my home but it was only a matter of patience. I play the amp clean [and tested clean] without additional effects and tried it with different guitars.

I personally believe it is either a dry socket somewhere on the in built effects board or the power to the board has a loose wire etc.

Thanks for the interest Napynap.

Thanks for clearing that up, bracko21. It's refreshing to see a Line6 Admin taking real notice on your issue here in the forums. I'm confident a resolution will happen so you can play that tune for the family!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Got the amp repaired and picked it up last week. Gave it an initial play for two hrs and no issues so far. Will give it a few more goes before declaring the war is over but it appears we may have won the battle.

PS: Looks like they have a new service manager in the shop who was much more straight forward and easy to deal with. Cost of the repairs were reasonable so it appears things are on the up.

• 4 months later...

A few months into using the repaired amp and the problem has not re-surfaced. Appears the team in AUS have fixed this baby and playing has been really enjoyable for a change when not having to worry about any "surprises :) ".

Cheers!!