Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bizarre/odd sound from UX2

Hey guys,

Yesterday I wanted to play some guitar via my ux2, and after plugging my guitar the sound was terrible.
It sounds like an alien spaceship or something. I tried different guitars and guitar cables, but the problem keeps on going.
The hardware never moved from where it is, so I really don't understand how this happened.

I recorded a sample of the sound so you can hear what it's like: https://soundcloud.com/greatnothing82/pod-ux2-sound-problems/s-YvmHr

Thank you.

I launched podfarm and recorded the guitar through audacity. It does the same sound when I launch podfarm through reaper, and even on other amp simulation vsts.
And yes, everything has green ticks on Monkey.
Maybe it's the usb cable which has a problem?

That is terrible. I don't recall ever having this problem with mine. Kinds sounds like you have 2 signals there, I dunno. Are you using Pod Farm or Gearbox? Have you tried reinstalling those?

Yes, I reinstalled pod farm but still nothing. I checked the usb cable, and I think the problem comes from it, if I move a little a piece of it the toneport deconnects and the lights go off. I'll buy a new one on saturday and see if the problems come really from there.

Yes, I reinstalled pod farm but still nothing. I checked the usb cable, and I think the problem comes from it, if I move a little a piece of it the toneport deconnects and the lights go off. I'll buy a new one on saturday and see if the problems come really from there.

Hopefully that works. The usb ports on any peice of equipment are so delicate.

So I tried with another usb cable that I borrowed from a friend, I still have the same problem. I tried an usb mic to see if it's not my computer which has a problem, and the sound was quite the same as with the toneport and the guitar. So I guess that something on my computer doesn't work well. Problem is I don't have another computer to install the toneport and I'll have to wait until mid-june.

• 6 years later...

though this is an old post. I had the same problems. I found out, that I had two "speakers" activated  still. What windows (10) calls speakers is merely the output. since the ux2 replaces the soundcard there is no need for that to be active no matter what hardware one has. It was offline before. Maybe for some reason it got activated againg. I had my ux2 operating as the standard outpout while the other still had a green , active, status, whatever it exactly means. I deactivated the realtek one’s via the sound menu and the problem ceased to exist....!