Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Live USB prroblem

Hello!

I have a problem with my XT Live!

Disappeared all model packs (classic, metal, fx) LCD says: standard model set loaded.
Connecting POD via usb it is no longer recognized by PC.

Going to see the last page of "output mode - system" it says:

POD XT LIVE v3.01

USB v 0:00

ESN 00000000

Help me please!

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 3

in short, you can't really... it would need to go to an authorized service center.

they often come up missing if the board or something else was swapped out.

to my knowledge there is nothing a user can do to fix a security chip issue.

feel free to contact line6 and get a second opinion:

http://line6.com/company/contact/

Yes, I had. It was good last time I turned it on! After that I don't use it some monthes. And today I have this problem :-(
Please tell me how can I solve the problem with security chip?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem.  Since I updated Monkey, my xtLive won't connect via USB and all of my expansion packs are gone.  The pedal's been rendered utterly useless.  I have tried everything you guys have recommended and everything else I can think of and.....nothing.  Anybody find any other solutions??  I'm pretty pissed about this and will certainly not be buying anything else from Line6.  Computer updates can't brick my analog pedals!

• Upvote 1

Even running the license manager (not monkey) didn't help? IIRC this can be a bad memory flash and you may have to do a safe mode flash with the file off the hard drive.

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/80390

Expansion packs are not gone, they just need to be reauthorized when you can get it to connect.

You should give the L6 guys a call or open a support ticket if our mighty Ubers can't point you in the right direction (IMO they have seen almost every prob that pops up ). 

-B

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion but nonetheless to the best of my knowledge "no" the L6 Monkey is cool. 9/10 its either a pc/unit malfunction/configuration issue.

I prefer dl'ing the flashes to the hd then updating from file - superstitious I suppose B)

• 1 year later...

the support for line 6 stuff is a joke. I still havent had a reply about my pc not recognizing a line 6 pod xt live and what drivers to download to get it to recognize the pod when its plugged in and on.

Did you open a support ticket? I can try and chase it up if you did. Plus if you ask on the forum users with experience can probably guide you too.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I hope you could help me as I have the exact problem BUT, even the Licence Manager can not find my XTL. I don't have the original USB lead anymore so I use a spare one but I don't see that it could be the problem. I've installed several drivers from Monkey, but that don't seem to be the solve for this problem. 

I've tried connecting my XTL to different USB ports on my Mac, XTL is ON when I open Licence Manager, I've tried turning it ON after I've opened the Licence Manager.

I've read tens of of threads here and still can't figure this out! :P So, either it's me or the Mac, or it's a real problem as I've figured out from your posts here. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I get a message in the window of my XTL  for every preset that reads:

"This tone contains an amp or effect from an expansion pack you do not own. see www.line6.com for info."

I have had my unit since 2006. and this has just came up. I haven't used Monkey since 2006 and it was on another computer so i down loaded the latest version of Monkey and the latest Driver. and it doesn't recognize the connection. i down loaded and installed the driver at least 3 times. I am using the USB connection that I know works since I use it all the time of other connection. (card readers, etc...)

I really like this unit and would hate to replaces it but, it is making some nasty noises and is pretty unusable.

I think this is related to the above string although i am not sure :(

Any advice? I don't have a clue.   

Heres some of my system info:

OS Name                                                             Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service                                Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description                                     Not Available

OS Manufacturer                                             Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer                                    System manufacturer

System Model                                                   System Product Name

System Type                                                      x64-based PC

Processor                                                            AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 4400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date                                          American Megatrends Inc. 0408, 10/16/2013

SMBIOS Version                                                               2.7

Windows Directory                                         C:\Windows

System Directory                                             C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device                                                        \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale                                                                   United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer                        Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory                                  7.19 GB

Available Physical Memory                          5.26 GB

Total Virtual Memory                                     7.38 GB

Available Virtual Memory                             5.24 GB

Page File Space                                                 200 MB

Page File                                                              C:\pagefile.sys

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem...my XT Live worked fine till I updated with Monkey...now my PC doesn't read my pedal and my expansion packs ( 200$) disappeared, can't use gearbox or line 6 edit. maybe they did this on purpose to make us buy the new pedals...don't know but seems like it

Did you run the Line 6 License Manager? It authorizes purchases of the model packs for the Pods.

But if you mean you have flash memory problem and the unit does not work you can try a safe-mode reflash.

Q: How do I reflash in "safe mode"?
A: Safe mode can be used when a unit cannot be reflashed using the normal reflash procedure. Hold the first of the four black soft buttons under the main LCD screen as you power on the PODxt. Then, follow the instructions above on how to re-install the flash memory.

But if all else fails a support ticket can be submitted directly to Line 6.

-B

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have a problem with my XT Live!

Disappeared all model packs (classic, metal, fx) LCD says: standard model set loaded.

Connecting POD via usb it is no longer recognized by PC.

Going to see the last page of "output mode - system" it says:

POD XT LIVE v3.01

USB v 0:00

ESN 00000000

Help me please!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Friend,

I Have the same problem with you. I have Installed all all the software such as Monkey, Line6 Driver. When i connect my XTL, My notebook can recognize it. But when i open Line6 Monkey, my XTL is not recognized. But When I use the LINE6 Gear Box, my unit runs normally. But Gear Box can't be used to set the factory setting, bacause ia want to use Monkey to restore the factory setting. I hope some one could help me with this problem.

Thankyou

• 3 years later...