Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2t Rattle and Hum Repairs

Wanted to post that Line 6 had UPS pick up one of my rattling L2t Stagesource Speakers for repair on May 23rd (just before Memorial Day).  I just received notice that it is fixed and is being shipped back to me today!  Awesome customer service and repair turnaround!

As soon as I get it back and ensure that it is rattle free, I'll be contacting them again for return of my other L2t.

Thanks Line 6 for the great service experience with the return and repair!

Tom the Guitar Guy 

Hi all, 

My L2t had the dreaded fan rattle issue ... I had it repaired through Thomann & their authorized Line 6 repair centre (Beats+ Bytes) ... it arrived yesterday ... had a chance to test it last night & voila - the rattle is GONE ... very happy customer  :D :D

Well done Line 6!!!

Cheers,

Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having mine done locally this week by an authorized Line 6 repair guy. He got the fan from them and will replace it in my L2t. I'm hoping for similar results. The rattle playing E, F and F# on the D string is amazingly loud and more than annoying!!! Someone from Line 6 referred to the problem as something minor that required close listening near the panel. Not so! You can hear it as loud as the music from across the room! Unacceptable as is.

Paul

• 5 months later...

All units currently being manufactured have the new design; there are no longer units being produced with this problem.

However, there is really no way of telling how long a particular unit currently on a retailer's shelf has been in inventory. It is possible that currently available units were manufactured before this flaw was fixed. I suggest you find a unit you want, note the serial number (before purchasing if you want), and then call Line 6 to find out the status of that serial number with respect to this issue.

Even if you get a flawed unit, the repair is covered under lifetime warranty at no cost to you. At worst there will be a delay in getting the fixed unit back to you. And since you don't have it yet anyway, you can pretend you just took a little longer making up your mind. ;)

All units currently being manufactured have the new design; there are no longer units being produced with this problem.

However, there is really no way of telling how long a particular unit currently on a retailer's shelf has been in inventory. It is possible that currently available units were manufactured before this flaw was fixed. I suggest you find a unit you want, note the serial number (before purchasing if you want), and then call Line 6 to find out the status of that serial number with respect to this issue.

Even if you get a flawed unit, the repair is covered under lifetime warranty at no cost to you. At worst there will be a delay in getting the fixed unit back to you. And since you don't have it yet anyway, you can pretend you just took a little longer making up your mind. ;)

Older units with faulty fans are most definitely still out there. Mine had to have the fan replaced twice. First attempt didn't take. Lotsa downtime...bought it mid-December, didn't really get to start using it in any meaningful way until the end of March. Just got it back a month ago. So far it seems OK...time will tell.

Just curious... Is this design/manufacturing flaw still an issue? I'm thinking about getting am L2t, and was wondering...

I have purchased three L2m speakers in the last several months and none of them have had this issue.

-Max