Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 to FX100?

austinctu24

I use an M13 in the FX loop of an HD500. A bit more in and out options there, however. I think what Triryche said should work; you would be able to set the FX loop position with the M13; it gives you decent control over the position of the FX loop, so you could set part of the M13 signal in the "pre" FX100 slots and the rest of the M13 effects in the "post" FX100 slot. Since the M13 also has a looper, for example, everything would go through the looper, including the tones created by the FX100.

You would do something like this:

guitar -> M13 guitar in -> M13 fx banks "pre" > M13 FX loop send (mono) -> FX100 guitar in -> FX stereo L/R out -> M13 FX loop return

You could do something like make the "pre" fx on the M13 eq's, drives, distortion, wahs, comps, etc, and make the "post" fx on the M13 things like chrous and other mods, delays and reverbs.

With my HD500 I run it like this:

guitar -> analog pedalboard -> HD500 guitar in > amp model -> HD500 FX send (stereo) ->M13 inputs ->M13 L/R stereo out -> HD500 FX return.

I use the M13 for "post" effects only, lots of mods, reverbs, and delays. Sounds great in stereo, it definitely does a killer job modeling all those effects!

(cross post)

There are different ways you can hook these up depending on what you are trying to achieve.

I do not have first hand experience with the M13, but I know it's pretty versatile, especially with the assignable effects loop.

This is one method:

Guitar >> M13 L(mono) Input >> M13 FX Send L(mono) >> FX100 Guitar In >> FX100 Main Out (L/R) >> M13 FX Return L/R

This  will take advantage of the M13's assignable FX Loop in stereo.

Another approach:

Guitar >> FX100 Guitar In >> FX100 Main Out  (L/R) >> M13 Input L/R

This puts everything in front of the M13's signal chain, could be useful to take advantage of the FX100's AMP models while leveraging stereo effects from the FX100 and M13.

If you are plugging into a mono amp and not concerned with stereo, you can replace all the above instances of L/R with L(mono).

If you have an effects loop on your amp that opens another set of configurations.

(cross post)

There are different ways you can hook these up depending on what you are trying to achieve.

I do not have first hand experience with the M13, but I know it's pretty versatile, especially with the assignable effects loop.

This is one method:

Guitar >> M13 L(mono) Input >> M13 FX Send L(mono) >> FX100 Guitar In >> FX100 Main Out (L/R) >> M13 FX Return L/R

This  will take advantage of the M13's assignable FX Loop in stereo.

Another approach:

Guitar >> FX100 Guitar In >> FX100 Main Out  (L/R) >> M13 Input L/R

This puts everything in front of the M13's signal chain, could be useful to take advantage of the FX100's AMP models while leveraging stereo effects from the FX100 and M13.

If you are plugging into a mono amp and not concerned with stereo, you can replace all the above instances of L/R with L(mono).

If you have an effects loop on your amp that opens another set of configurations.

I tried both methods and they dint work :( I'm using a Vox VT20. I really need this to work :( I really need the loop feature 

Can you describe the sound, is it too quiet, muddy, clipping...?

Since your Vox is a modeling amp, try disabling amp and cabs in the FX100.

If you are putting the FX100 in the M13's loop, you will need to control your levels.

Don't go too hot into the FX100 and make sure your aren't going too hot back into the M13.

Is there a certain workflow you're after?

The reason I ask is because the M13 is pretty powerful for effects.

Are running out of effects in your M13 or wanting to use the FX100's amp modeling, or...?

It sounds muddy, and I really want to use the Amplifi's amp models while also having access to the looper and some effects on the m13. I was thinking about using my Spider ii amp. Do you think it will sounds better ? But yes I would like the FX100 to be the main effect in the chain, and the m13 kinda in the back round I also have a aby switcher it would be cool to have that in there to so I can turn off the sound in the M13. Sorry if I'm confusing.

If you want to use the FX100's amp models, you will need to get the cleanest, most neutral sound on the Vox 1st.

I do not have first hand experience with the Vox, so not sure if you can disable all modeling?

I don't think the SV II has an FX loop, but you might get a good sound using the cd in.