Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 & FBV Express MKII - Pedal Sweep

rkhiii

Just bought an FBV Express MKII to use with my Amplifi 75.  I'm not getting a very smooth sweep when using the foot pedal with the wah and Bender sounds (i.e. in the case of the wah, I'm getting more of an immediate bump in the wah rather than a smooth transition).  Anyone have any thoughts?  I've already calibrated the FBV Express MKII.  Thanks,  --R

Hehe...I like the Ferris reference :-)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what might be causing your non-linear expression pedal response.

As an aid to diagnosis I would suggest that you create a very simple preset with no noise gate or compression active and see if you experience the same problem with wah and/or volume.

It would be very helpful if the Remote app displayed real-time changes as you activated or deactivated pedals in your effects chain and also displayed changes in the position of the expression pedal (other iOS modelling apps have this feature). That would make any erratic position changes graphically evident.

If you still have problems you'll have to consider the possibility that you have a faulty pedalboard - presumably this would be readily sorted out by Line6 or the dealer you bought it from.

• Upvote 1

Thanks McRiff!  Good point...will make sure gate and compressor are turned off.

<< It would be very helpful if the Remote app displayed real-time changes as you activated or deactivated pedals in your effects chain and also displayed changes in the position of the expression pedal (other iOS modelling apps have this feature). That would make any erratic position changes graphically evident. >>

Yep - that would make things muich easier.  Can't imagine Line 6 won't add visual effect changes to the iOS app in a future update.

By the way, the Bender (Whammy) effect is all but unusable with the FBV Express MKII.  Admittedly, it could be me not knowing how to set up the functionality in the app but there's no way to know since there's little if any documentation with the iOS app.  Maybe I'll hear back from Line 6 support on that one...submitted a ticket 3 days ago.

In regards to the Bender (Whammy) effect, Line 6 Support hit me back and confirmed the Bender effect currently isn't controllable by the FBV Express MKII expression pedal. --R