Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Only Getting Sound In Right Headphone

SwampWhompa

So, I've been getting this strange issue for the past few days, and it seems like nobody else has, as I've checked the forums and my issue isn't quite the same as others. I know from trying to record that the pod is giving off a stereo recording, just when I try to plug in with headphones, I only get right sound. I tried the half-in jack trick on the guitar jack and the headphone jack. The strangest thing is though, I've used this same setup before with no issues :/

Is this in all of your presets? My first thought is that you could have a tone that set up as dual tone and/or the mixer block is panned hard right. And this wouldn't necessarily show up in a recording because when you record, your DAW would record the track as a mono track panned to the center.

Okay, this is kind of a strange situation, I got some sound out of the left side, but not much at all. And, in the two other pairs of headphones, now the left phones are blown out completely (they didn't work plugged straight into the computer.)
Is the pod somehow overworking and blowing the drivers in my headphones?

It actually is possible that the HD500 could damage headphones that have really low impedances. Line 6 recommends headphones with an impedance of 150-600 ohms. Most inexpensive headphones are well below this. That being said, it seems somewhat odd that all your headphones would be damaged only on the left side.

That makes a little more sense. I'm just confused as to why only one ear..
Anywho, my 3rd pair is only slightly deadened on the left side when I tested with my computer, but really deadened through the pod. And the left/right outputs are both really quiet, with the same issues.