Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello,

I currenty use an jtv 59 and a hd500 with my band using my amp as a slave. However, i recently picked up a vetta ii with the vdi card installed version 2.5. Im really liking the functionality of the vetta ii and was looking to change my rig around a bit. Ive downloaded line 6 edit and have hooked it up to my vetta ii via midisport uno..All works well. Anyway, i use a lot of acoustic stuff in my band and wanted to see if there was any way that the vetta could control my variax like my hd500 does. i dont want to be having to turn selector knobs for modeling and tuning in a live situation. I prefer doing it on the floor. I understand the the vetta is old tech but it really has some great features that the hd500 doesnt. In Line 6 edit, it doesnt give and option for tyler models becuse its old soft/hardware. but that saying, has anyone figured out a workaround for this.... do i need to update something? I refuse to go bback to my variax 500 after having the jtv. PLease help someone?

Thanks

Beau

Hi,

I'm using my Vetta II combo with my JTV-69 & JTV-59 (previously V700) since end of 2011 for all larger venue gigs & recording & a JTV/HD500X/L2t (or straight into PA) combo for the 'small cutlery' gigs ...

Most of the time I'm playing in a Latin-Jazz duo using acoustic patches on all the Bossa Nova tunes. Although I can dial in very natural sounding acoustic patches with the HD500X/L2t combo, for the acoustic sounds my Vetta still sounds a tick more natural to my ears :)

You can indeed save JTV models with each of the Vetta patches, but it doesn't allow you to save JTV tunings with Vetta patches ... these you have 'manually' post-dial on the JTV ...

Hope that helps  :)  

Cheers,

Wolf